Juneau, Alaska Day 1

"Welcome to Juneau Alaska!" a large, burly guy beams as we get off the plane. I smile back at him brightly and he grins. We ease through security and are at the baggage claim. Cathy comes to join us and smiles brightly.

"Hey Hazel, Carter," she greats brightly as she fixes her hair. I wait for my bright green bag to pass by on the conveyor belt and for Carter's black one. We wait. And wait. And wait. After about forty five minutes and twelve seconds of waiting, there is an announcement.

"Attention all passengers of flight 42, your baggage has been sent to another airport. We apologize greatly and request that you head to the baggage claim office to check the status of your bags, thank you for your cooperation," the sweet voice announces. I groan as Cathy gasps and Carter fumes.

"I had everything in my bag! My hotel reservations and my money! What am I supposed to do now?" Cathy whines. I look at her in sympathy and get an idea. It has nothing to do with dancing pandas and monkeys that can hoolahoop. Those monkeys would be more talented than me.

"How about you tag along with us until our bags arrive," I suggest as Carter explains where we will be staying to the baggage claim office. Cathy agrees with me quickly and Carter saunter back over to us.

"Cathy's going to stay with us," I inform him as we walk out and haul a cab. We climb in and tell the driver to take us to the closest car rental place. We arrive and I decide to rent a truck since Carter refused to be seen in a minivan. He sits in the driver's seat and the oddly cheery salesman hands him the keys. Cathy fixes her blonde hair as she sits on the other side of me. Yes, I'm stuck in the middle. This is apparently 'pay back' from Carter for making him sit in the middle on the plane.

"Off to the mall we go!" I declare as we exit the dealership. Carter sighs.

"We do need clothes," Cathy points out. She and I grin as Carter grumbles under his breath about being able to launder the same clothes over and over again. Ah, but that would require for us to be in our birthday suits for a long period of time while we wait for the laundry to be done, young Carter. You have much to learn.

At the mall

"You are getting a dress! We absolutely have to hit a club tonight!" Cathy squeals as she drags me into a dress shop. Carter stares wide eyed at us.

"There is no way in hell I'm going in there," he hisses lowly.

"We need a guy's opinion on our dresses, please Carty," Cathy begs, pouting her full pink lips. She has a mean puppy dog face.

Carter groans before agreeing and reluctantly letting Cathy drag both of us into the store. I already have jeans and hoodies to wear for a while. I'm really not a dressy person, in fact, I despise dresses, shorts, and skirts. Always have and always will. She squeals as she drags me to the mini dresses and pushes Carter down with all of our bags into a chair in front of the changing rooms. She found her credit card in her pocket, so she's good. She pulls out twelve dresses as I watch her zoom in and out of different rows. She's like sonic, except for the fact that she's dress hunting, not looking for the Princess. She runs to me and tosses a pile of dresses at me before pushing me into the changing room. After going through ever dress, we decide on an off the shoulder black dress with silver sequins across the top for me and a white dress that crosses across the front for Cathy. Carter was surprised when I came out in the extremely short dress but I informed him that I was going to wear black shorts underneath, which made Cathy protest greatly before finally giving in. I paid for my dress and Cathy waited in line, irritated at the lady in front of her who has about three billion coupons for some strange reason. Carter stands close to me and I take my two bags from him.