I did it. I'm finally back

"Thank you witches"

They all smile and hug me saying welcome back and it's good to see you again.

I don't know who half of these people are so I just awkwardly smile and thank them for their help.

"Well lets get you back in your own body" Alice smiles and I frown
"Aren't I already back in my own body?" I ask

She gives me a awkward look. "Um not exactly...your in a um...temporary vessel"

I look towards a mirror and I scream.

"Ew! I-I'm in JAMES body!?"

"Will you calm down! Your in his body temporarily. All we need to do is take you back to your body and your soul will be connected again, then boom! Your back to looking like you." Alice smiles and I chuckle.

"You make it sound so easy"

"that's because it is. once we find your body your soul will automatically be transferred back into your body. you will need to press your noggins together and I'll chant a simple spell then poof everything is back to normal"

"What if it's not? What if the spell doesn't work? Or James senses us coming and he leaves? What if Zach and I aren't the same anymore" I pout. The negative possibilities are endless

"Hey, stop being so negative. It's always worth a shot. You will be you again and that's all that should matter and what we should focus on the positives the most right now."

The trip back home was a blur. I couldn't help but wonder so many things. Have Zach and that imposter had sex?

Will our lives ever be the same?

Are there any more secrets being kept from me?

I wish everything could go back to the way it was where Alice was just alice and Zach was just Zach. Neither one of us associated with one another but that can't be.

Life was so much easier, simpler.

My old life was good and so was my new one just, different. Unexplainably different.

I miss you

Zachary. What would my life had been if I wasn't his mate? Would I be happier? Less in danger?

"Stop."

I shake from my thoughts

"Don't even think such things. You and Zach are meant for one another Oliver and you know it. Life is all about challenges. I gave you the biggest one because I thought you could handle it"

"Thought?"

"Yeah. Thought. You father associated with me and was human. I know he wondered what life would have been if he never met me but those thoughts were easily over ruled over by better ones. Why live a normal life when you can live an extraordinary one? Sure it comes with secrets and challenges but if you really love someone you would go through and fight through them."

She pauses. "You don't get that we hid things from you to protect you. I'm sorry this all came crashing down on you but it wasn't Zach's fault. He just followed is natural instincts."

I smile. "I know mom. I'm sorry"

She gasps and I frown.

"You called me mom." She smiles and I hug her.

"Thank you for everything mom I mean it" I say and we pull apart

"Of course kiddo."

We exit the car and go though the back doors of the mansion.