13

"Wah, daebak !"

Haerin shrilled at the sight of me using iPhone X. I didn't want to show off my new possession but I couldn't help but to check the weather forecast. It said that its gonna rain cats and dogs and I wasn't much fan of rain.

"Did you buy it ???"

Haerin kept on pestering me to tell about the gadget.

"Actually, my cousin gave it to me. He didn't like it so he gave it away."

Her eyes became as wide as saucer as she ogled the phone in my hand.

"Hoseok oppa ?"

She inquired ,her tone covered in curiosity as she inspected the phone which she took away from me.

"Yeah"

I murmured meekly, trying not to wiggle much as I met Taehyung's piercing eyes. He raised  one of his eyebrows as if he was amazed with my white lie.

"Damn, I want an oppa just like Hobi oppa. No, I want Hobi oppa!"

All of a sudden she became super excited that she stood up from her seat, too galvanised to even remain seated.

I chuckled at her reaction but Taehyung was glaring at me as if he was in displeasure after hearing Hoseok oppa's name. I slowly turned away my gaze away from him as I scrutinised the heavy dark clouds gathering around like an enormous dragon in the sky.

Finally it was dismissal and everyone was rushing like bees to get home in the middle of the rain whereas some waited by the door waiting for the rain to surpass. I was about to get out of campus when Jungkook came rushing to me, his hands stuffed in his pockets as his hoody covered his head. He panted heavily as he tries to catch his breath. I placed my umbrella above his head as I stared at him.

"Ca.. can I join?"

He muttered shyly as he looked down at the puddle beneath him which was showing our reflection.

"Of course Jungkook."

I could feel my cheek warming up as pink blush tinted my cheek. It was my first time sharing an umbrella with a boy and the close proximity of Jungkook in the cold weather warmed me up like a hot cup of tea. The entire walk was engulfed in  silence, neither afraid to break the silence.

Jungkook came to cafe with me as I go to cafe straight from school. He was there for a couple of hours to kill his time till the rain stopped. I insisted him to take my umbrella instead but he refused to take mine saying, I would be in trouble later if the rain poured out again.

When I went to Taehyung's house and rang the bell there was no sign of a person in the house.

Maybe he went outside?

Before heading back to home I made a phone call to Taehyung to check on him, when his groggy voice caught of my guard.

"I'm opening the door, don't leave"

Not after few minutes later, Taehyung stood by the door, his body pressed on the wall for support. He was facing difficulty to stand still and it was crystal clear that he had high fever.

I immediately rushed to support his body,  which was about to fall in no time. As I took his arms and wrapped them around my shoulder for support, he instantly put all of of his weight on me.

"Don't tell me you got yourself drenched in this rain!"

"I had no choice. Someone went home with Jungcock."

"It's Jungkook."

It was a huge hustle to carry a grown up body but somehow I managed to make him lay on his bed.