~Chapter 2~

Natsu's POV:
I turn to Lucy and smile "ok so at 11:20 tomorrow I will be taking you to the mall. The guys and I will be hanging out while you girls shop. Is that ok?" I ask and she nods her head. I go over to my computer and sit down Lucy right behind me looking over my shoulder. I started to enroll her and she filled out all of the information about herself like
"• What are you allergic to?
• What is your first and last name?
• What are your weaknesses?
• What subject do you enjoy most? Why?
• What subject do you like least? Why?
• How do you like to spend your free time?
• What have you read recently?
• What has been your biggest challenge?
• What is your definition of a good teacher?
•What would you like to accomplish, academically or in extracurricular activities, during high school?
•Why did you decide to apply to this school?"
And other weird questions. After she was done I gave her one of my sweatshirts to put on along with some shorts and it was already 1:30 so I decided to take her out for lunch. When we got to the cafe we were seated down and then our waitress came over "Hello, my name is Mavis! Can I start you off with something to drink?" She said with a cheery tone and smile but then looked at Lucy and she put her head down in shame "Luce?"

Lucy's POV:
I look up to see Natsu looking at me and I know I looked embarrassed. "Just point to what you want and I'll say it ok" he says with a toothy grin. I point to the drink I wanted and to the food. When he was done saying it Mavis walks back to the counter. "Can you sign?" He asked plainly. I nod "how much?" He asked "a lot" I sign. "Ok good and I am glad my friends and I know sign language." He says and smiles at me and I smile back. When our food gets here he starts to hog his down while I savor mine. After about 20 minutes of "talking" the waitress brings our check. I began to feel bad because I had no money to pay my half. He looks at me and says "I bet the reason your freaking out is because you want to pay your half don't you?" I nod and he laughs. He grabs my wrist and runs out of the cafe. He slowed down after a little bit and we get to a park and walk around. I poke him and sign "look ice cream! Can we get some?" He nods and we walk to the ice cream stand "what can I get for you love birds hm?" The man says and I start to freak out while Natsu is smiling "sorry Macao, hate to disappoint you but Lucy is not my girlfriend." Macao frowns and looks at me up and down then smiles "Then maybe we can take blondie here." A male voice behind us says and grabs my waist he had blond hair and then another male voice begins to talk and grabs my chin "ya... do you want to come with us princess?" The black haired boy asks. I can't say anything "what do I do? I am in complete shock" I thought to myself but then Natsu punches the blond in the face and then kicks the black haired boy in the gut. "Stay the hell away from my Luce! GOT IT!" Natsu yells and my heart skips a beat at what he said. Macao grabs my wrist and pulls me behind him.

Macao's POV:
I know all of the bad blood between Natsu and the twins so I take Lucy and put her behind me because I know that things could get ugly real quick "Natsu, I think it's beast if you just walk away and take Lucy back home ok?" I say and Lucy stats to tug on my shirt and she's crying but says nothing "what? What is it" I ask and she starts to move her hands around as if she is signing "wait are you deaf?" I ask and she sakes her head and starts to sign again "no I am mute. Is Natsu going to be ok? I just want to go back home with him." And I am so glad I know sign language "no he will be fine" And take a long pause "wait? Did you say go back home with.. Natsu? You too live together?!" I half yell and look back towards the boys "Natsu! Lucy is scared and is crying just take her home!" I yell at him

Natsu's POV:
I look back and see Luce peeking out from behind Macao and I see her tears. I turn back to the twins, my bangs covering my eyes "you guys gone and done it now. You touched my Luce and you will regret that!" I yell and am about to start the fight when I was pulled back by.. Lucy? I look down at her in my back quietly sobbing and turn to face her "it's ok." I say and wipe her tears away "these guys aren't worth it so let's just go home, ya?" I say and we start to walk away.
We get home and walk inside. I walk straight to the couch to lay down. Lucy walks up to me and looks down "do you want me to start diner?" She signed I nodded and she was about to walk away but I grabbed her wrist and sat her down next to me "I'm sorry if I scared you.. I was just trying to protect you" I said and look at her.

Lucy's POV:
I shake my head "no it's ok I wasn't scared of you I was scared for you" I sign and his frown turns into a bright smile "come help me cook. I don't know where everything is yet and I'm going to need your help" I sign and smile. He jumps up and pulls me up along with him. "YES! LETS MAKE THE FOOD!" He yells and drags me into the kitchen and we both laugh. When I was rcooking I look over at Natsu and smile "maybe this all won't be so bad" I think to myself.