Impulsively

Decisions that weren't thought through were made that day.
~~
Jason was awoken to the sound of a ringing phone. He heard someone pick it up, and it seemed to be his father's voice that was speaking to the person on the other side.

"Hello?...Yes, hi, what do you need?...Wait, really? You're kidding...I—okay fine, but it isn't going to be fun...Yeah? Well then you were thinking right...Fine. I'll be there in a few minutes...Yeah, bye." Jason listened to his father sigh after the conversation and footsteps that led to the door to the garage. He assumed it was something for work. Jason rubbed his eyes before getting ready for the day. School was out for the summer, so he really didn't have to since he didn't have anything to do, but it was now a habit since he had done it for so long during the school year.

While sitting and playing a game of chess, he heard the door open again, and surprisingly, three figures had come through it.

His father was noticeably startled when he realized Jason was sitting on the floor playing chess.

"Jason, I thought you were still asleep—"

"No, dad, I'm awake. Who are they?"

"These are my two friends, Whizzer and Peggy. They might be staying for a while."

"Oh...I like your name, Whizzer."

"I—uh—thanks, kid," Jason could tell Whizzer hadn't expected to get a compliment like that.

"Peggy, why don't you go play chess or something with Jason while Whizzer and I, uh, talk."

"'Kay," was all Peggy said before she sat on the ground next to Jason. Jason saw his father and his friend leave.

"So, do you like chess?" Jason awkwardly asked.

"I've never played, but it seems fun," she smiled.

"You've never—oh man I gotta teach you! Go over to that side of the board," he finally got a good look at the girl when she was sitting across from him. She had curly brown hair, her skin was a bit tan, and she was wearing a cute yellow shirt with overalls. She had big, brown eyes that could tell a million stories. And most importantly...

She was pretty.
~~
When she walked into the house, Peggy had her mouth drop open a little bit. The house was beautiful. Clean and proper. She felt weird being there.

Peggy followed Whizzer and Marvin further into the house, where she saw a small figure sitting and playing chess on the floor...all by himself?

She learned his name was Jason through the conversation Marvin and the boy had.

She sat down on the floor next to him.

They had an awkward conversation until he told her to go to the other side of the chess board. She sat down and finally had a good look at him. He had messy brown hair, brown eyes that reminded her of a tree's bark, and a goofy smile that could tell a thousands words. He was a little bit lighter skinned than her, and he wore a green shirt with a long sleeved shirt under it and jeans. And most importantly...

He was cute.
~~
Trina came home from shopping to a random girl and her son playing chess together, or rather, trying. She had also come home to strange noises in the den. She went to check it out.
~~
Peggy and Jason had made the impulsively bad decision of liking someone that they had just met.
Trina had made the impulsively bad decision of marrying Marvin.
Marvin had made the impulsively bad decision of making out with Whizzer in the den.
Whizzer had made the impulsively bad decision of dating Marvin.
...
Decisions that weren't thought through had consequences that day.