How do you explain yo your dad that you are worried that you hurt another man's feelings? He thought it all sounded childish but he couldn't help his feelings.

He didn't want Damien to think that he didn't care about him as his best friend. If anything, Damien was one of the few people on the planet he cared about most.

"Damien hasn't talked to me since we got back to Chicago. I mean, we talk but he doesn't want to hang out as much anymore. I know it may seem childish but it's bothering me. I think I did something in Jamaica and he's mad at me now."

James smiled a small smile and shook his head. It wasnt childish to him that Jon felt way. Because although his younger brother was more sensitive in general, Jonathan was only sensitive in one aspect: Damien Wells.

When the boys were younger and the blonde didn't hear from Damien for a while, he would get moody. There was the time during their college years while Damien was trying to identify himself that he hadn't talked to the then nineteen-year-old for a couple weeks, that had been the worst anyone had seen him!

"It is not childish. You two have been joined at the hip since you met, so I would expect you to feel morose about not seeing or speaking with him. He is your best friend, I expect you to have some type of positive feelings about the guy."

Jonathan unbelievably cracked a smile at this statement. At this point, James was blindly smiling at the fact he could cheer him up.

He didn't deserve anymore grief from the people in his life. They have caused him enough pain these last few weeks, and now it was time for him to get back to normal. Or at least try to get back to normal...

"Very funny dad. You know what I meant. It's rare that he doesn't talk to me in a day or at least call just to bug me about possibly getting laid."

"Remember when you two fought over those Power Rangers action figures?"

James could only cackle at the memory of two seventeen-year-olds getting into a yelling match about which male Power Ranger was the best.  Damien had chosen the blue power ranger while Jonathan chose the red. 

It was ironic because damien grew to be the spitball with the lethal tongue while Jonathan grew to be more cold and unfeeling.

But those two seventeen-year-olds  were all fire and fight, and weren't willing to be wrong. Even fourteen-year-old  Jackson wanted to be apart of the discussion by picking the black power ranger but was promptly ignored by the two older boys.

That was a day of much shouting, first shaking, and even momentary foot stomping. The teen had virtually acted like a pair of seven-year-olds and even had to be separated. Jonathan sulked for hours until he was told by his father to apologize.

"Dad! Why was must you bring up such embarrassing things," Jonathan groaned. He didn't want to be reminded of the childish behaviors he once exhibited. He could feel the heat rush to his face and fought to release another groan.

"Well, I wouldn't be a good father if I didn't embarrass you every now and again. Besides, there is no one else present to humiliate you."

"And how does embarrassing me help with figuring out why Damien is ignoring me?"

James nodded, he could clearly see that the man was under some slight distress. If not at the very least overthinking the situation.

"Well, have you asked him about it? Or are you being your usual stubborn self?"

The immediate refusal to look at him in the face, answered his question before Jonathan could even open his mouth. The man could be as stubborn as a toddler, but most of the time it was for causes that he truly cared about.