Chapter One: The Music

It was a normal day after school. I was in my room, listening to Avril Lavigne's newest album, Avril Lavigne. She is my hero. It's too bad that she doesn't want kids. But I was doing my homework when I heard the doorbell ring. When Ms. Clark opened it, I turned my music up, not wanting to hear the person to ask where the babies were. That's all people really want to adopt nowadays.

I was just about to turn it up when I heard someone ask, "Where is that music coming from?"

Ms. Clark answered, "Oh, that's just Annabelle. She always has that racket playing."

The voice said, "You think it's racket. I think it's the type of music the girl I wanna adopt listens to." I started to freak out and clean up my room so that the person wouldn't think I was a slob which I'm not.

I had just finished when someone knocked on my door. "Come in." When Ms. Clark opened the door and I saw who was behind her, I freaked out. "Y-y-y-you're Avril Lavigne." Then I looked at my walls and sighed, "Oh crap, now you probably think that I'm some crazed fan."

She shook her head, "No, actually I like it. How long have you been here?"

"Since I was a baby, nobody wants me. My parents died when I was just a few months old."

"What would you say to being adopted by me and my husband?"

Hahaha cliffhanger.