Thirty-three - I'm So Dirty, Babe

Start from the beginning

And fuck, it felt good, because there was no principal to cockblock us this time.

~

"Thanks for this." Ryan said, as I closed the door behind him.

"It's no problem." I led him upstairs, and Jodie chose that moment to walk out of her room.

"Is he your boyfriend?" She sneered, and I scoffed.

"I wish." I pulled Ryan into my room and closed the door behind us, pointing towards my bed. "What's up?"

He sat on the edge of my bed and I joined him, clasping my hands together. He glared at me briefly, probably for the boyfriend comment, before speaking. "I don't want you to be sad. I told Brendon and the other three, and I told them that I don't want them to be sad about my...illness. I don't want you to dwell on it or let it take over your emotions. I just want you guys to carry on as normal, and not worry about me."

"Are you serious? Telling Brendon not to worry about you is like telling Pete to not stare at your crotch after you've told him not to stare at your crotch."

"I know, but..." He shrugged. "I just don't want to bring everyone down, y'know?" He looked down at his lap. "You guys are my best friends, and I hate the thought of you being upset because of me. I know it's not my fault, but still...we don't know that anything's gonna happen yet, it's early days, so..." He licked his lower lip. "I don't want to assume that anything's gonna happen, because nothing might happen. B-but if I do die, you'll look after Brendon, won't you? He's been a mess since I told him and I don't want him to do anything stupid." He looked at me pleadingly. "Please?"

I nodded. "Yeah, yeah I will."

He smiled. "Thanks, Frank."

He stayed for a little while longer, and it was odd because Ryan and I had never spent any time alone before. Brendon was usually with us, or Patrick and Pete, or Ray - someone was usually with us. I realised that Ryan wasn't as quiet as he seemed - he was always in Brendon's shadow. But he didn't mind that; he preferred it that way, with Brendon getting the most attention.

After Ryan left, my mom called me downstairs. With a heaving sigh, I left my room and headed down the stairs, and into the kitchen. Jodie, my stepfather and my mom were sat at the table, and my mom was holding something rectangular in her hands.

"Sit down." She said, and I sat opposite the three of them, feeling slightly intimidated. "What is this?"

She slid the rectangular sheet across the table towards me, and I snorted laughter when I saw what it was. It was one of the photos of Gerard. It was of him lying on the bed, his left arm up and on the pillow beside him. His lower half was out of shot, but by the expression on his face and the fact that his right hand was also out of shot, I knew that he'd been touching himself through the panties. It was one of my favorites, and I'd made myself a copy of it, keeping it in the top drawer of my nightstand to hide it from the others. But clearly, they'd been through my stuff again.

"It's a photograph." I said, considerably less intimidated now.

"Who is it of?"

"My boyfriend."

"Boyfriend?" The three of them peered over the table at the photograph.

"Okay, I know he looks feminine but he doesn't look that feminine. He's not a girl." I picked up the photograph, smiling at it before looking at the three across the table. "Don't you think he looks beautiful?"