A Day Off

Hank woke up expecting to see with Connor's eyes looking back at his, but instead he was met with the smell of pancakes, along with eggs and bacon. He got up to see where the smell was coming from. As he turned out of the hallway from his bedroom, he was met with Connor cooking breakfast on the rarely used stove. Connor was still wearing the hoodie Hank gave him. He turned around hearing Hank approach from his bedroom.
"Good morning, Hank."
Connor said as he smiled and nodded at the lieutenant.
"Connor, you to didn't have to-"
"But I wanted to lieutenant," Connor said cutting Hank off mid-sentence. " You took me into your home, made sure that I was comfortable on my first night, and your even helping me learn what it is to feel. Its the least I can do to pay you back."

There was slight passion in Connor's voice that made Hank know that he cared deeply. "Thank you, Connor." said Hank as he went to go sit at the kitchen table.
"But you aren't, a personal care android. How do u know how to cook."
Connor set Hank's plate infront of him and took a seat as he answered the question.
"Well, my database is connected to the internet, so all I had to do was look up a recipe and follow it."
Hank took a bite into the breakfast Connor had made for him and it was amazing.
"Connor, this is delicious. I haven't had a home cooked meal in a while and its nice to eat something made by someone you-" Hank stopped before finishing the sentence looking up from his plate to meet Connor's eyes. "Someone you what lieutenant?" Connor said as he slightly cocked his head to the side.
Hank paused for a second before brushing off Connor's question by lightly shaking his head. Connor made and a attempt to start their conversation up again. "Its Sunday and we don't have to go into work, so what do you suggest we do."
Hank got up from his chair, grabbing his now empty plate and placing it in the dishwasher.
"I don't really care. We could go out into town, stay here and watch movies, go back and sleep for the rest of the day, its up to you."
"I haven't been able to see much of the city. We should go out."
"Sure, just let me get ready." Hank walked out of the kitchen into the bathroom to get ready for the day leaving Connor with some time to kill. Connor decided that he didn't want to wear his usual android uniform since wasn't legally obligated to do so anymore. So he decided to keep on the hoodie Hank gave him. He also cleaned up in the kitchen, tidied up around the house, and made Hank's bed (or their bed?). Which was enough time for Hank to finish up getting ready. He was wearing a plain white t-shirt with his hair pulled backed.

"You ready to go?" Hank said whilst grabbing his car keys off of their hook.

"Yes, lets go." They made there way out of the house and into the lieutenant's car.

"By the way Hank," Said Connor as he stepped into the passengers seat of the car.

"You look nice today." A smile swept across Connor's face as the sentence escaped his lips and Hank did the same.

"Thank you."

They pulled out of the driveway and made their way into the city of Detroit.

A/N

Sorry this chapter took like 2 days to come out ive been having writers block. Also this day will span over 3 chapters.This chapter was the start of their day and the next one will take place during mid-day.