I just hum, no intention of toning down my happiness.

-

Work's been terribly uneventful this evening, so much that there is no hint of dust anymore - not even on the most expensive bottles that are basically just decoration. I instantly regret the mental complaints though, when I notice a gorgeous vampire lady with lavish black hair enter the bar. She's twisted it into artful curls that sway with each of her steps, and her heels make her loom over the small man at her side.

Sebastiano's gaze finds me the moment they step inside, and he drags a chuckling Belle over to me, leading her by the hand. She looks around the bar with interest before noticing me.

"Let me explain," Sebastiano says quickly and puts his hands up in a placating gesture. I raise my eyebrows doubtfully. Somehow, barging in on me at work has become a thing. "She just wants to talk."

"You could've just given your girlfriend my number," I point out. He actually blushes, and Belle takes his silence as a chance to chip in, though only after giving him a brief peck on the cheek.

"Come on, I wanted to see you, talk to you privately. Otherwise I'd never know if daddy was around."

It's so weird to hear her use that word.

"Anything to drink?" I ask Sebastiano and his eyes scream 'hell yeah.'

"Beer's fine."

I roll my eyes at him, already grabbing a cocktail glass. "I don't serve beer."

"Hm, I could use a drink as well," Belle purs, already leaning in towards Sebastiano's neck. He flinches, immediately edging away while putting a hand to his skin, covering his arteries. Belle sinks onto a bar stool with a pout, and when Sebastiano lowers his hand, I notice that his skin looks absolutely virginal.

"You're not letting her bite you?"

"How do you-" His voice trails off as I point at the countless marks decorating my neck. The mere sight seems to hurt him. "That looks painful."

I raise my eyebrows while lifting my shirt as well, showing him that my stomach doesn't look much different. Sebastiano sucks in a sharp breath.

"And all that without a sedative," he mutters, then curses under his breath as Belle lets out a surprised, "What?"

"So, how's living alone in the mansion going?" I ask quickly, focusing my attention on Sebastiano. Belle has no intention of letting the topic drop, though.

"What's that about daddy not using his sedative?"

"Oh, there's the other staff around as well, so I'm not-"

"Guys!" Belle slams her hand onto the counter, startling both of us and finally gaining our attention. "What do you mean, daddy's not using his sedative?"

Sebastiano happily takes his drink from my hands to avoid answering. She narrows her eyes at him though, and I heave a sigh. Dael should really talk to his children.

"That's Dael's story to tell."

"What is daddy's story to tell?"

I groan annoyed. "Ask your father."

"Well, we've tried that and he's not talking to us." She pouts and crosses her arms in front of her chest. I can vividly imagine who that 'we' is that she is referring to, so my eyelids drop to a glare.

"Belle, maybe it's not fair to take that out on Allorian."

"You brought me here to talk to him."

"I know," he mutters, staring at his drink. "Maybe I shouldn't have if this is what you wanted to talk about."

"Oh, come on! You guys started talking about sedatives and stuff, so of course, I'm going to ask."

"Well, then stop asking now that you know I'm not going to spill his secrets. You should know that much from Tristan already anyways," I snap and stare her down. Sebastiano flinches, putting a hand on her arm while her body tenses. Her lips are tight at the corners. "Whatever you want to say, tell it to your father, not me."

"You're such an asshole," she seethes, pushing herself to her feet and shaking Sebastiano's hand off. I instinctively take a step back, though that wouldn't help if she decided to have a go at me. She lifts an accusing finger. "You're nothing like mom."

I grit my teeth, but I'm unable to bite back the spiteful comment. "Well, he left your mom, so I guess that's a good thing."

"They're still marrried," she shoots back acidly, and the comment hits where it hurts. My chest constricts, taking my breath.

"I think we should go," Sebastiano says, and surprisingly, Belle agrees.

"I think we should, yes," she huffs before storming off. Sebastiano gives me an apologetic look before hurrying after her, and so I'm left alone to deal with more of Dael's family drama. Groaning, I rub my eyes, wishing that we could just be happy for a change.

_____________________

Thank you guys for all the reads! BD has hit the 2k now and I see reads roll in every day. Special thanks to everyone leaving votes; it's great to know that people aren't just checking out the story, but enjoying it as well.

I love reading your comments, too :D

XOXO

T.