Chapter one

Plankton looks across the street as Krabs fires yet another fry cook. It has been three months since the sponge died.

In those three months Plankton has ran out of ideas on how to get the secret formula, lost his computer wife that he made to a squirrel, and has had this weird empty feeling in his chest. He feels sad, useless... Every morning he's expecting to hear that high pitched chant come up the street and end in a yell. He's expecting his rival to have floods of customers through his doors. Now? He's waking up around lunch time when only a few stragglers are in the Krusty Krab.

Even the nag of his wife is leaving his memories.

Plankton sighs as he turns and finishes up the divorce papers so that it can be finalized. Wouldn't hurt to take a walk now would it? After all, there's nothing else to do.

He encloses the legal papers in an envelope and carries them to the town hall. He turns them in to his lawyer's office and takes a walk to no where in particular.

Staring at his feet as he walks, he doesn't notice the bright orange house in his path. At least not until he walks right into the door of said house.

Confused, Plankton slides underneath the door and looks around. All the furniture and decorations were removed. He makes his way to the study and looks around. What could have caused the optimistic sponge to kill himself?

Being so small has its benefits. Especially when you can see a small note hidden under the shelves. He walks over and pulls it out.

Unfolding it, Plankton reads aloud to himself.

Dear reader,
I understand you're most likely going to be Plankton. I mean who else is going to find this where I'm hiding it.

I'm sorry for causing any and all grief to people. My intentions is not to hurt others. I just have to leave.

Leaving the town won't work I know that. I would just be dragged back by homesickness.

Sounds almost silly huh? Well... Wouldn't you?

Besides, anywhere I go I would only be reminded of how annoying I am. Not that hard to notice. Especially with Squidward.

I can't say I'm clinically depressed but I might be. I've been cutting myself for years. Nobody has ever noticed, luckily for me.

I'm running out of room so I guess I should stop writing out my feelings. Sorry I couldn't be the friend every one wants me to be.

Sincerely, with love,

Spongebob Squarepants 💛