It Just Happened

*Baz's POV*

I didn't want to be a vampire. I didn't choose to be gay. I didn't make myself fall in love with the mage's heir. Yet, even if nobody (including myself), wanted these things to happen, they still did. And everyone, okay maybe not everyone because only few people know all these things, but the ones who do resent me for it. Especially my own father; in fact, he is the one who won't accept me at all. He won't let me around his friends because 'I might 'pop', and they will find out I'm a monster'. Or when we have dinner parties and he pushes me to dance with every single lady at the event. At least he doesn't know about my not-so-little crush on the mage's heir. I don't know what he would do if he found out. I plan on him never knowing about it. We never discuss my 'situation' as my father would say. I think he is more accepting of me being a vampire than of me being gay. Honestly, Malcolm Pitch is the most homophobic person I know. And that says a lot, I do live in a world of mages after all. I don't think Daphne minds too much, or at least she doesn't show it. Aunt Fiona doesn't care. (I think she is bisexual, so it would be hypocritical of her to be unaccepting of me.) And all of my siblings are too young to understand, so they just go along with what Father tells them to. He never even allows conversation of it. We never talk about how I'm gay, every time I try he shuts me down. "Basilton, you are the only Grimm-Pitch. I can't have you acting out, being rebellious, and saying that you are homosexual! You must carry on our name!" He will scold when I bring the subject up. "But, Father, there is a high possibility that I won't be able to have chil-" is all I am able to get out, trying to tell him that being a vampire doesn't allow you to reproduce. "You will carry on the Grimm-Pitch name, Basilton!" That's all he says before he will storm out of whatever room we are in and not speak of our conversation again. Until I try to bring it up again, that is. Sometimes I wonder what my mother would think of me, but as soon as I do, I stop. I know she would be ashamed. She killed herself trying to save me from the vampires, and now I am one. She made it her life's work to keep all monsters out of Watford, ironically her own son is one and going to the same school. I never think about how she would feel about me liking blokes instead of ladies, like I am supposed to. I like to spoil myself and say she wouldn't mind it. However, there is a likely chance that she wouldn't. She was the headmistress at Watford, old time believer. She would hate me and everything I am. I try to please my family, dead or alive, but it doesn't seem to work. No matter how much I study, no matter how long I stay the best in all my classes, no matter how many times I try to kill my true love, they seem to only notice all the 'bad' things about me. I just want to be accepted by them. I don't care if the rest of the population in the universe hates me, I want my family to say the love, or at least like, me for me. I didn't choose to be like this, though they think I did. It just happened that way.