Chapter 1

Hi guys, I hope you enjoy this story.

This is set in Roswell rather than New York.

"I've been thinking about maybe telling Magnus what I am tonight".

Simon's eyes widened in suprise, "Alec I'm not sure if that's a good idea. I mean what if he doesn't take it well, what if he exposes us-"

"I would only tell him about me. I have been with Magnus for a year now, I love him so much and I feel guilty keeping this from him but at the same time I'm scared of telling him the truth".

Simon hugged Alec. They were on their way to school, they often walked together as they lived next door to each other. It was Alec and Magnus' one year anniversary tonight and they had plans to go out to a very fancy restaurant, both Alec and Magnus' families were wealthy enough that they could afford it. Alec normally preferred having a home cooked meal and spending the night in with Magnus. But tonight was a special night and they both wanted to celebrate it.

A year ago Alec's parents would have hated the thought of Alec going out with a man and had done everything they could to sabotage his relationship with Magnus, but Magnus had proven that he loved Alec and that their relationship was serious. It took a long time but they came around and now to Alec's relief they approved of Magnus. Things were still a bit awkward between them, but it was much better than before and Alec had hope he could save his relationship with his parents. Alec was scared though that his secret would destroy any chance he had. None of them knew the truth about what he was and he wanted to tell them as well as Magnus. But his parents were obsessed with aliens and he was afraid of what they would do to him if they knew the truth. He was also scared of how his siblings would react and Clary, his and Simon's best friend.

"I understand how you feel and I know how much you love Magnus. But if you are going to tell him, please be careful".

"I will", Alec said reassuringly. He cared so much about Simon, they had grown up best friends and became even closer when they realised they were both aliens. Alec was initially terrified when Simon had found out he was an alien, but Simon had proved he was an alien too...

2 years ago...

Alec cried out in pain. He had been cooking for his siblings and Simon, his parents were away so he was in charge for the week something that happened a lot, when he accidently lost his grip on his knife and cut his wrist. A bright light formed around the wound and within seconds it was healed up and the pain was gone.

"What just happened?" A voice exclaimed beside him.

Alec jumped in terror to see Simon staring at him in awe. Alec couldn't breathe. He had done so much to protect his secret and now Simon new! His life was over.

"Hey Alec it's okay don't freak out".

"You're too late because I'm already freaking out", Alec said panicking, Alec wanted to run but he felt as though someone had glued his shoes to the floor.

"You're not the only one with a secret", Simon said gently and Alec's eyes widened when he felt himself being lifted up by an invisible force. He looked at Simon and saw that he had his arm stretched out with a look of concentration. Simon held him up for a little while smirking at Alec, but the sound of Jace and Izzy's loud bickering made Simon panic and drop Alec on the floor. "I'm so sorry I didn't mean to do that".

"It's okay", Alec said reassuringly as he got up, "How did you do that?"

Simon didn't get to answer though because Jace and Izzy came in followed by Max. He gave Alec a meaningful look to let him know he would tell him later. Simon then groaned with annoyance when Jace started flirting with him as usual. Alec rolled his eyes and went back to making the dinner, making sure to be more careful this time. Alec was so relieved, but his heart was still hammering in his chest from the danger of nearly being exposed, things could have gone so differently. He and Simon managed to get time alone and told each other everything.