Chapter 10 - Visitation

Start from the beginning

And Nathan stayed over at Stan's place, so they couldn't calm me down either.

I didn't sleep at all, and I'm still a bit shaky and restless now.

"Eh..." I was actually planning on leaving right after class to catch up on some sleep.

"We need to talk." It's spoken firm, telling me there's no way for me to get out of this.

"Okay." I nod, still not fully agreeing with this, before I look towards Sam. "Could you wait to drop me off at home again? Oliver isn't in school because he's doing interviews today."

"Sure." Sam nods, sending me a worried look. "I'll wait, no problem."

I nod again, sighing while sliding down in my seat a bit, feeling exhausted and defeated at once. They're going to give me a warning, probably. Mr. Rivers is counsellor to our class and he's the one who keeps track of failing students.

Which would be Paul, Lennard and me.

I think the rest is at least passing the 50 credits that are needed to get into the second year.

Lennard, after the first semester ended, decided on joining a different project group because he felt like he had nothing to say in our group. He joined a group of students that one by one decided the study wasn't what they were looking for and by the end of second semester, Lennard and a girl named Lia were the only ones left of a group of six. They failed the project, losing 5 credits that they can only retake next year. Which means they only had 5 credits left to lose, and rumour has it Lennard failed three tests each period.

At least I managed to get good grades for projects so far. I failed four tests in total, missing eight credits. I will probably fail this class too, so that would leave me with the maximum of 50, which I need.

I can't fail anything else.

But I don't' think this is the only class I am going to fail, and I haven't studied for the tests I need to retake.

Paul is just a bit lazy with his tests, so he's also failing a bunch of those. But he's in the same position as I am; passing projects and presentations, failing a bunch of tests. But he managed to pass two out of four failed tests in January when we could retake them.

I did not.

And I guess school caught up on my 'to cry over grades' and will now give me a negative binding recommendation for next year.

Lennard already got one, which means he won't be allowed to retake the year. And if he doesn't get his act together, he won't make it to second year either.

And I think I'm next.

– Saturday, March 24th, –

I did get an official warning, but I also got offered some help in the form of personal counselling to set up a plan of action to finish the year in the right way.

At least they're not giving up on me yet.

I was a bit surprised for Alex to be with Sam once I got out of my counselling session but smile at him nonetheless.

"Hey!"

"Hi Cris," Alex shuffles a foot and blushes slightly. For some reason Alex always feels uneasy and insecure whenever we meet. I know he'll loosen up in no time. But it's weird that he still doubts if I mind his presence.

Because that is what this is about, so his next question doesn't surprise me at all.

"Is it okay if I hang out with you guys? I mean... if you don't want me here I could call mom to pick me up..."