//Chapter 3//

~Alexis POV~

The first thing we had to was to be mad to look acceptable. Three middle-aged women have their hands full of make up and cleaning cloths. They scrub my face then get ready to start the make-up. "What type of look do you want?" " Can you not apply too much, I want to be myself and not change." "Of course." They apply light blush, nclear ligloss, mascara and eyeliner. They then guide me to what I think is called the Women's room and wait for the others.

After all of the girls are finished we are guided to our rooms where we will meet our maids. When I open the door three girls about twenty one curtsy to me. "Welcome Lady Alexis, my name is Alice, this is Jasmine and this is Nina." I smile at them and then they gesture for me to sit on a chair placed in front of a mirror. They lightly curled my red hair then they went off to a walk in wardrobe to collect my dress. They bring out a floor length dress, the skirt is a mint green and the top is a type of see through lace covered with gold and green sequins. 

Its a gorgeous dress and I turn to face my maids. "Thank you, this dress is stunning." They smile at me and I smile back.

I am lead to the Women's Room to have my first lessons. They teach us the basic lady-like manners. Then we all follow Sienna to the dining hall for dinner. The royal family have already had their meal. After our meal Sienna speaks up,"You are all going to meet the Prince tomorrow just before breakfast. Then you will be eating with the royal family." We all nod then head towards our rooms. I collpase onto bed and groan. "Would you like us to stay here with you?" Jasmine asks. "No no I;m fine go have a rest you have all been a great help today. Thank you." "Goodnight Lady Alexis." "You can call me Alex or Lexi or Lex, but you don't have to call me lady or miss." "Yes La- Alex." I smile then they leave.

I wiggle out of my beautiful dress then go to the bathroom for a bath.

After a long bath I change into a nightgown then walk to the balcony. It faces the breathtaking gardens. I sigh, we are not allowed in the gardens.

I hear a knock from the door then open it to find Princess Kiara there. I curtsy but she then quickly objects, "No you don't have to curtsy or use any formalities." I nod then ask,"Umm Kiara is there anything I can help you with?" "I wanted you to know that I wish that you win." I freeze, "Thank you." "Ever since I saw your file I new you were special and thought that you have to win. I threatened my brother that if he doesnt choose you as one of 35 girls I was going to personally kill him.

"Would you like to come in?" "Sure, Thanks." She enters my room then sits gently on the edge of my bed. "Can I call you Lex?" I smile, "Of course, and may I call you Kiara?" "Yes you can." "Lex, I think I'm going to like you even more than I thought." "Thank you very muck Kiara."

"Ummm is there a chance you can teach me Spanish?" "Of course! But I may not be here that long to teach you much." "Are you joking, I am going to force my brother to keep you at least til the elite if he doesn't want to." I laugh at her enthusiasm. "Thank you, but If he doesn't want me here he is the one that has the power." She sighs then gets up to leave. "I'm sorry Lex but I must go. You have a busy day tomorrow." "Goodnight Kiara." She waves goodbye than closes the door behind her.

~Prince Drew's POV~

I haven't been able to see Alexis Mason yet but I know that I will tomorrow when we have a quick talk.

I yawn as I get out of bed. Then realisation hits me, I get to see Alexis today. I quickly get ready and head to the women's room. All of the girls are already inside and when they see me they all curtsy. "Good morning ladies." My eyes scan the group til I spot the unforgetable red haired girl. She sees me looking at her then I smile, she blushes then turns away shyly.

"Okay, we will start from the first girl chosen then make our way down, so first up Lily Waters." She faces Alexis excitedly then they both smile. We talk randomly about each other then the same thing happens repeatedly as they go doen the list.

At last its Alexis' turn. As she walks up I can see how truly beautiful she is. Her peach dress flows lightly above her knees and her hair hangs loosly just past her shoulders. I hold out me hand then she takes it. I can feel fireworks fly up my arms then run through my body. I lightly kiss her hand then she blushes. I smile at her and she returns it. "Hello Lady Alexis." "Hello your majesty." "Lady Alexis can you tell me about your family?" She nods then opens her mouth to speak. "I live in York in the Caste 5, with my mum, sisters- Hazel and Megan and my brither Josh." I wonder what happened to ger father. I have no right to ask so I just stay quiet. "What do you do for a living?" "I am a dancer and singer, I am mainly hired for entertainment for higher castes." "One day could you sing for me?" "Of course. Your majesty, what do you normally do in the palace?" "Well, I normally have lessons or my father is teaching me war tactics or politics. But besides that I mostly wander around the gardens. Have you ever been in the gardens?" She shakes her head slowly. "All of the selected are forbidden to step foot in the gardens, let alone outside the palace." She explains. "If you want I could take you there after lunch, I'm sure you aren't used to being cooped like this." Her face lits up immediately and she smiles, "Thank you so much your majesty." "As much as I would love to continue on with this conversation I'm afraid it's time for breakfast." She nods in understandment then stands. She curtsies and I bow then I take her hand and gently kisses it. I can see red flush her cheeks and smile. She gladly does the same before going back to who I believe to be Pandora, Iris and Lily. They start to giggle then Sienna leads them to the dining hall. I walk slowly to the large dining hall and when I enter all the girls stand up and curtsy. This takes me by surprise and I immediately stop them. "No don't stand up you can continue with your meal.

After breakfast I stand to make an announcement. "All the girls who I have asked to meet me in the Women's room after breakfast please follow me. The 10 girls who I asked to follow me quickly follow.

"I'm so very sorry ladies but all of you are being sent home." The room starts to erupt in crying and I try to cheer them all up. Now that they were chosen for the selection men would be lining up to try and be their husbands now.

 After breakfast I go to my room and laze in my room and on my balcony. When It's time for me to go down to lunch I get ready.

And then I remember......I have a date with Alexis!