I want to be the only person to love you.

Kaolin’s P.O.V

            I watched as Rose’s left Carter standing by her locker. I turned when she got closer to me and waited for her to pass by. I headed toward Carter who stood there thinking for a moment. “Carter,” I called as he spun to leave.

            He faced me. Once he saw who’d called him he smirked. “How might I help you, Kay?” He teased.

            “You could help me if you left Rose alone,” I scolded.

            He grinned, “why? She’s free game.”

            I sighed, “just stop.”

            He chuckled, “I think I might try a little harder,” he studied me smugly, “what is it, Kay? Still like her?”

            He was really starting to piss me off. I could hear my breathing grow harsher. “Leave her alone or you’ll make you pay,” I vowed.

            He raised his brow, “oh and how will you do that?”

            “I’ll fuck you up.”

            He laughed now, “I’d love to see that—“ I slammed him against the lockers.

            “Don’t fucking mess with me.”

            “What are you doing?” Rose said from behind me.

            I twisted around to see her holding her biology text book. Carter freed himself from my grasp. “He’s fucking crazy,” he said before storming off.

            I looked down. Shit. What was I going to say? I was gonna kick Carter’s ass because he’s trying to get with you? I shouldn’t care anyway. She could do whatever she wanted. Instead of answering her I started walking away, but she followed me. “Kaolin!”

            Fuck, fuck, fuck. What am I going to say? I walked into a storage room. Hoping she’d be too scared to follow, but she entered anyway. “Kaolin, stop trying to avoid me. I’m not scared of you.”

            I sighed, “Rose, just leave me alone.”

            She stepped closer to me. “No. You stop speaking to me for weeks and then you’re suddenly in my life again protecting me and threatening people?” I faced her. She was starting to tear up.

            “I’m sorry,” was all I could manage to say.

            “Why are you doing this?” She cried. I reached out for her, but she stepped back until she was pressed against the door.

            I strolled towards her. She’d dropped her book bag and text book, wiping her tears. I cupped her cheek with my hand and pulled her closer to me until she hugged me. “Rosalie,” I breathed into her hair. I could feel the emotions bubbling over in my stomach.

            She pulled back to stare at me. I wiped away the remaining tears from her face and smiled at her softly. “Talk to me, please.”

            Looking into her eyes I couldn’t resist it anymore. I wanted to be with her. I wanted to hold her and make sure she was happy, and I didn’t want anyone else with her. I picked her up until she was eye level with me and wrapped her legs around my waist. She rested her arms on my shoulders and studied me confused. I leaned forward and pressed my lips to hers. Everything felt right again, like my world was back into balance. She kissed me back, softly. I let my hand trail up to her hair and tangled my fingers in her brown locks. My other hand held her back, but I pressed her closer to me. She sighed into my mouth. I groaned and kissed her deeper, tracing her mouth with my tongue. Her head snapped back then. Her breathing was ragged.