CHAPTER 2.1

Parked in front of the Prime Minister's residence were three horse drawn carriages. Servants were rushing about loading their lady's dowry, trunks of gold, silver and jewels, onto these carriages. As well as an endless amount of pots of medicinal plants and medical pellets.

Inside the mansion was Fan Yun Luo and her mother, hugging each other while crying. Her father, Fang Xuan Ling stood to side watching, tears sliding down his face.

"Luo-er Marquis Qi was a hero when he was younger, and still is upright and honourable. He is even liked by the Emperor himself; he certainly will be a good husband." Fang Xuan Ling was in the same faction as Qi Er Lun and knew his character well. Handing his daughter over to him, he couldn't be more satisfied or pleased.

It was only because she was this couple's first daughter, and grew up along side her master, learning the art of healing that the mother and father were so reluctant. After all it was only two years ago that she returned to them after learning the art of healing, and now, at nineteen she was to be wed away.

This mother and father pair were really reluctant to part with her, and to such a far place also. This would make visits to each other highly inconvenient.

Luo-er's knowledge in medicine was very extensive. When she returned, she heard that the Empress was chronically sick and asked for an audience with the Emperor to treat the Empress.

Surprisingly, not only did she cure the Empress, both the Emperor and Empress grew very fond of her. The Emperor even asked Luo-er to become his Imperial Concubine, but she boldly declined.

He still remembered that day where his Luo-er tactfully rejected the Emperor. She boldly proclaimed that she did not wish to enter the Royal Court and it's rivalries, and even stated how she believed men should not have three or four wives but should love only one.

As she openly scolded the Emperor, as her father, he was sweating profusely.
Since then, the Emperor discarded the idea of making her into his Imperial Concubine, but he never forgot her.

This coincided with Qi Er Luns victory over the Turks. The Emperor knew that his Grand Marshal wanted to retire and did not wish to marry with a Han woman.

In order to force him to stay and make his descendents have Han blood flowing within their veins, he proposed the marriage. Without even thinking about Luo-er's feelings, he made his decision.

Though this little bit of political information Fang Xuan Ling did not tell his daughter. He only hoped that Qi Er Lun would grow old together with Luo-er for that would be the best. Whatever little problems that lie between then and now, are only small problems.

"Father, mother, your daughter will become the best wife, so do not worry for her." Fang Yun Luo knew that her parents worried about her "I can't be bothered with small matters" personality. If not for the imperial decree and fear that nine generations of her family would be killed, she would have refused the arranged marriage.

Fang Yun Luo not only did not like to curry for other's grace, she also wanted to live a peaceful, ordinary life. She wanted to live with her Patriarch, master and disciple sisters in the mountain.

Practising their healing skills, pellet making skills and the four arts all day long.

(TLN: The four being zither, go, calligraphy and painting.)

Thinking of her master brought made her seethe with rage. That heartless master; as soon as he heard she was going to marry, he just left a note saying "I hope we meet again", returning to Mount Changbai by himself.