Chapter 1: Rescue On The Beach

Stephanie sighed calmly, feeling at ease in the sunlight of the beach.

This time of the day is an absolutely ordinary day for her to relax in, and it's her favorite thing to do too on a lazy day!

Relaxing in the sunset on the beach, with no annoying people, no annoying badly behaved children, nothing that can interrupt her relaxation.

She was sitting on a log that was washed up on the beach shore before she even got there, luckily all dried up and not wet for her dismay, as she stared at the sun setting over the watery horizon, enhancing a breathtaking landscape for her to watch, making the air cold and damp that she could see her breath. The sky was in a gorgeous luminous rosy tone, with the clouds turning slowly into a light peachy color.

She had her long brunette hair and wires in series of contrasting colors, over to the middle of her back, and she is wearing her traditional pair of opaque blue square glasses with round corners, a blue, white, cerulean, peacock, and sky cameo sweater with a hoodie that is enormous that reaches down to her thighs, with pockets on the sides and a silver zipper in the front, and with frost hems at the ends of the sleeves and the bottom of the clothing. She is also wearing a pair of blue jeans, that is down at the bottom of her ankles, and light purple, light blue shoes with white shoelaces. Around her neck is a silver chain necklace with a golden pendant on it, hidden underneath her sweater. Oddly, on the right side of her head, is a stripe of dyed blue hair, that is braided in a long line, and held up by two black tiny rubber bands.

Her tanned almond skin color on the back of her left hand and on her face was showing in the sunlight from underneath all the clothing, and she stretched out her metallic spine. It was becoming stiff from sitting for an hour, so, she gets up from the log that was perching on and decided to talk a stroll on the beach, to stretch out her legs from perching too long. As she walked through the shore, she glanced at the different sized, smooth or bumpy white rocks that form from the saltwater that washes up on the shore or other interesting rocks that are beautiful. While she was wandering around the beach, thinking of another way to find some other 'good' family than the previous one that she is living with right now when she noticed something odd that washed up on the shore.

The unusual object was standing out from the sand that was washing up around it, was slightly glinting in the remaining sunlight, and it was poking upwards from the corner. She walked over to the odd shape on the beach and crouched down, observing the unfamiliar object for a few minutes, before reaching over to the exotic piece and touched the unusual object with her left hand. It was a piece of metal, almost feeling like her metal arm, except more rough than her smooth arm. It also felt like it was used a couple of times by a soldier before she got here. Curious, she stood back up, until she overheard a herd of seagulls cawing. She glanced at the odd cawing noises to the left of the beach that she is on and noticed an assembly of birds, crowding around another foreign object, cawing and pecking, as more birds appeared and landed right next to each other, pecking and cawing along with the other birdies.

They were white seagulls with yellow beaks, and very annoying. She repeatedly catches sight of them all over the place back at her home, stealing food from other people, and cawing loudly, annoying other humans. Her mother calls them "rats with wings", and she agrees with her. They absolutely are "rats with wings". She felt intrigued about the crowd of seagulls surrounding the object on the beach, so, she walked over to the group, thinking it was a poor baby turtle that got lost on its way towards the water. When she reached over to the group of seagulls, and the birds scattered away from Stephanie, leaving the object in plain sight for Stephanie to look at.