𝙏 𝙃 𝙍 𝙀 𝙀

Amelia Lancaster

As I walked to school to start this September Wednesday, I couldn't help but think about my encounter with Spiderman. I have those white eyes staring at me glued to my mind, his words and curious tone from our conversation, and the way his fingers grazed the drawings of him in my sketchbook all on repeat. I wonder what that felt like, looking at yourself through the picture of someone else's perspective. I keep cringing at the image of me following him through the streets too. All I can do is laugh it off and hope I don't run like Phoebe Buffay.

Having a strange gut feeling, I paused my stroll and looked around for a moment, almost wanting his white eyes to be staring at me; no one was watching me, though.

Weird.

~~~

I finally got to school and saw Peter, although I didn't stop him. I knew I would see him in homeroom so I would talk to him then.

Still getting used to my new 7:00 am school routine, I had to practice my locker combo at least 10 times before realizing I was at the wrong locker and then go up the incorrect set of stairs which took me to the wrong homeroom.

Fun morning.

Eventually, I made it to English and saw Peter in his seat with his earbuds in, watching something on his phone.

"Peter," I loudly whispered across from him as I approached his desk.

He didn't hear me though, so I kicked his foot.

That made him lookup.

"What," he said annoyed. "Oh, it's you. Sorry."

"Can I ask you something?" I requested.

"Yeah, I guess. Why are we whispering?"

"Oh, um, private stuff you could say,"

"Alright," He said, his expression a little caught off guard.

"I know this is going to sound odd, but do you know if Spiderman goes up to people and has conversations with them? Like, has he ever done that with you?"

"Um, no. Why? Did you meet him?"

"Oddly, yes."

"Well then what did he say," Peter said, growing eager into hearing the story of my afternoon yesterday.

"So you know how I like to draw him?"

"Yeah."

"Well, I ran for like 2 miles following him but had to stop to catch my breath- I know, the running, embarrassing, not my finest moment- anyways, when I stopped he coincidentally did too, so I figured I could get a picture then,

I pause as I sit down at the desk next to Peter, setting my books down, then turning to face him.

"So I'm looking through the viewfinder getting the right angle, to then look up and see him staring right at me,"

"And?" Peter said suspiciously.

"I was so alarmed that I put my camera back in my bag and ran to find an alley or something to hide in- I did successfully- I remember closing my eyes to try and calm down, because, ya know, those big white eyes can be a bit scary after looking at them for too long, but when I opened my eyes he was there with me,"

"That's strange. What did you two talk about?" Peter asked.

"Well, all he asked me why I was chasing him and with a camera, as one does. I was honest and just told him that I liked to draw him. He had thought that I worked for a newspaper or something- I wish I could say a newspaper took one of my photos or drawings- anyways, I gave him the drawing that I worked on yesterday. Remember, you saw the one of him swinging?"