|WITCH TROUBLE|

Just like any other day in the Mikelson mansion, Odette was the last one to wake up but that morning was different. Odette had woken up groggy but became happy when she looked down at her belly to see she had a noticeable belly showing she was pregnant. 

Even walking on her sore feet from the Bayou trek she had done didn't bother her mood. Walking downstairs Hayley asks Odette, "Are you hungry?"

"Of course," Odette says without caring for the morning's antic routines "Can you make me breakfast?"

Hayley looks at Odette as they reach the ends of the stairs, and Odette bows her head pouting her lip while placing her hand on her belly so Hayley would say yes, which with a sigh she does. Hayley walks towards the kitchen while Odette walks in the direction of the living room but before she can enter she stops stunned at what she had walked into 

"You have got to be kidding me," Odette mumbles looking at a woman's dead body laying on a coffee table as any remaining blood in her body dripped from her neck to the rug. All while Elijah and Niklaus didn't once glance at the body. 

Elijah walks out of the living room but not without greeting Odette. Seeing that Niklaus was in a good mood as he sat on a couch reading Odette believed that he was the one who fed off the body. 

Rebekah walks into the living room past Odette wearing yellow rubber gloves making Odette offer some help, "Do you nee-" 

Before she can finish her question Niklaus interrupts Odette, "You are not to help love"

"My idiotic brother is right Odette, you a pregnant girl who does not need to trouble yourself by cleaning up Klaus mess," Rebekah says as she then grabs the dead girl by the feet and starts to drag her out of the room.

"I am not a defenseless pregnant woman," Odette says but that didn't change anyone's decision so Odette walks over to sit next to Niklaus on the couch. Odette notices that he wasn't reading the words on the book but rather just looking at them Odette asks, "What are you reading?"

"A poem" Niklaus blankly responds his eyes on the open book on his lap 

"Can you read it for me?" Odette asks hoping he would say yes and the conversation wouldn't end in an awkward silence

"I didn't take you as a poem enthusiast" Niklaus states as if he knew Odette well enough to assume things about her making her looks away from him as they didn't really know much about each other 

"Enthusiast no but it is good for the baby to hear your voice," Odette says making Niklaus look at he brunette sitting next to him with an eyebrow raised making explain, "i-it has something to do with them recognizing your voice once they are born. I read about it."

Niklaus doesn't question it rather just turns his attention to the book on his lap and starts to read the poem out loud; 

I was angry with my friend: / I told my wrath, my wrath did end. / I was angry with my foe: / I told it not, my wrath did grow. / And I watered it in fears, / Night and morning with my tears; / And I sunned it with smiles, / And with soft deceitful wiles. / And it grew both day and night, / 'Til it bore an apple bright. / And my foe beheld it shine./ And he knew that it was mine. / And into my garden stole, / When the night had veiled the pole; / In the morning glad I see, / My foe outstretched beneath the tree.

Listening to the poem Odette couldn't help but interpret it as if she was in Niklaus' state of mind. Taking into consideration that he had the book turned that poem and never changed the page Odette asks, "Is Elijah supposed to be your friend and your foe, Marcel?"

"It's almost as if you know me, love," Niklaus says as she was correct and Odette once again could hear his accent turn 'love' into 'luv'

"You can be easy to read," Odette says truthfully shrugging her shoulder and then extends her arm out to him "Can I see the book?"