Date Start! Haunted House Ch. 25

Start from the beginning

"U-Uh, S-Serena," I stuttered anxiously.

I was about to continue when's gush of wind flew past my face and the candles went out like a wave, starting from the end of the hallway and coming towards us. I was about to scream before I quickly covered my hand over my mouth.

"Wow!" Serena exclaimed. "That's so cool!"

My hands started shaking and tears started coming to my eyes, but I tried to blink them away.

"Hey Ash-" Serena started, but she cut herself off when she noticed me shaking.

"Ash?" She asked, her voice full of concern.

I shook my head.

"Ash, are you okay?" Serena said in a small, calm voice.

The hall was eerie quiet, barely welcoming anymore now that it was dyed red and orange. The place was only illuminated by the setting sun, that looked dirty and creepy through the old stained glass. I didn't answer and looked down, still shaking.

"If you were scared, you didn't have to agree on coming," Serena said, now whispering.

"No, you looked happy," I said, looking at her. "I wouldn't want to be the cause of your unhappiness."

Serena grabbed both of my hands in hers and clasped them together. She looked me straight in the eye and said, " What makes me happy is seeing you happy."

The red of the room made her eyes look like soft lavender. It was mesmerizing. I got lost in them and was surprised when she tugged me down the hallway, back the way we came.

"Where are we going?" I called in shock.

"Back. Let's go somewhere else," Serena said.

She turned around to look at me and smiled. "Somewhere you won't be scared."

As she turned back around, I blushed.

She kept dragging me along and as we were getting closer to the exit, I started to feel more relieved. But that feeling quickly disappeared when I saw a row of sharp teeth smile at me. Red eyes suddenly appeared and it jumped at me. I immediately closed my eyes and screamed. Serena whipped around and gasped.

"Ash!" She shouted, before noticing the thing on me.

"Banette?!" Serena gasped again.

After hearing that, I opened my eyes and looked at what jumped at me. Sure enough, it was a Banette, a ghost type pokemon.

The Banette looked at her and then jumped on her. I was about to scream out to her when I saw Serena hug it.

"Banette! It's been so long!" Serena said. "Where's your trainer?"

I was about to ask what was going on when I heard two familiar voices shouting for Banette.

Banette jumped out of Serena's arms and flew over to an intersection of the hallway where two people came out. Their area was dark so I couldn't see who it was.

"Banette! Geez, where were you?" A male voice asked.

"It's a good thing we found you! Your such a trouble maker!" A female voice sighed.

Wait, I know those two voices!

"Paul?! Dawn?!" I shouted.

Both of them stepped out of the hallway and, sure enough, it was both of them.

"Ash? What are you doing- Serena?" Paul asked.

"Paul! It's great to see you!" Serena exclaimed running over to him and giving him a high five.