My aunt continued "I guess who might have notice his lack of existence, well I was just informed by the other headquarter that they caught most of his men which means it'll be harder for him to do anything daring " I didn't reply for I was not quite sure where this was going

"I talked to Mr. Cade and we agreed that it's time for you to go"

"Oh" I choked

"How can you be so sure that Jason doesn't have any plans on returning?" What am I saying? A chance to be free of my past is handed to me in a silver platter and here I am resisting. Am I that attached to him?

"Honey, I know and you know that you'd rather be travelling the world than be stuck in that house babysitting. I was kind of expecting a more exciting response, don't you want to go?" she asked, I could tell that she was suspicious. My aunt had been doing this job since she was fourteen, she can tell a lie by just looking at a person in eyes.

I facade my confusion and chuckled "Of course I want to go, when do I leave?" the word 'leave' caused my stomach to churn uneasily.

"Two weeks from now, listen baby girl I got to go. I'll see you soon"

"Alright, bye" tossing my phone on the table I let myself fall on the bed with a blank expression on my face.

Lesson of the day: don't call aunt when feeling down, it'll cause more stress.

And then the morning pass, so did the afternoon. The main entrance of the Cade mansion lit up welcoming each and every guest. I guess it's time to go, sighing from defeat I let the maids in.

"Erm, I can dress myself thank you" they insisted that they'll do it but I don't feel comfortable having people dress me up like a princess. It's not me. after that extremely hard battle with the house maids, I was finally alone looking at the gorgeous dress laying so beautifully on the bed.

It was an elegant white feathered short long dress with a beaded one shoulder neck line, the beads glistened under the light making it more ravishing. Not wanting to waste another second, I scattered my way to the washroom and put on the dress. It hugged my curves perfectly; it was innocent yet had enough to tease. I looked vulnerable in this dress, I thought. It was just like looking at my old self.

Maybe I can just stay here and admire my dress like nobody's business, I mean it's not like they'll need me now that that Jason is gone. Playing a little dress up game by myself sounds more appealing than going to that ball, besides dancing isn't really my thing.

"Allie, are you almost done hun?" I heard Mrs. Cade's voice in the other side of the door.

I sighed, I guess I have no choice but to go.

Finally finish putting on make-up and hair, I couldn't help but admire at how different I look.

"Wow, I look like an angel" I laughed at my childishness, complimenting myself in front of a mirror alone in my room. How sad is that? Very sad actually.