Chapter Four - Explanations

There I stood, practically naked. In quite the revealing tank top and panties. No bra, and it was freezing. I quickly crossed my arms over my chest. I also wanted to pull my shirt down further but it was impossible to do both. He hadn't noticed me come in because he was crying. I sat down on the opposite end of the couch from him. He startled and turned to look at me. Toby Turner was looking at me half damn naked.

        "Where did you come from?" he asked with a shaky voice. It was painful seeing him like this.

        "I was...taken. They just brought me here. I think we've been abducted by aliens." I said quietly, not making eye contact.

        "You think? Of course they are aliens. They aren't fucking angels." he retorted. I assumed his fear made him angry. "Where are your clothes?"

        "Uhm...well...this is what I was sleeping in when they took me." I blushed. I suddenly thought of my husband and daughter. Oh God. I'm gone. What will they think? I just left them with no explanation? The tears welled up in my eyes and I started to cry.

        "Hey...I'm sorry. What a horrible first impression I've given you. Here, take my sweater." he said as he unzipped his mermaid green Tobuscus hoodie.

        He stood up and walked a few steps toward me then handed me the jacket. I looked up at him even though I knew I looked like crap from crying. He was wearing a black Tobuscus shirt and brown plaid pattern pants with red converse. He dressed like a kid and somehow it was endearing. His brown curly hair was disheveled. We made eye contact. His eyes were red and puffy from crying.

        There was something different about him that I hadn't noticed on the last several vlogs. He wasn't as skinny as I had seen in pictures. It looked like he had been doing some serious weight lifting. He wasn't as buff as a body builder or anything extreme, but he had certainly become very toned and fit.

        "Thank you. I'm Evelyn Price." I said, forcing a smile.

        "Toby Turner." he said, reaching out to shake my hand. "May I sit down?"

        "Yeah, of course." I replied. I used his jacket to cover me instead of wearing it. I tucked my knees up under my chin and covered my legs with the jacket.

        "I remember you from a dream I had the other night. I guess this proves it really wasn't a dream after all." he said, looking down. "Did they tell you anything about why we are here?"

        "No. I was told that they would explain shortly. I saw you too."

        "Saw me? In a dream?"

        "Yes. A nightmare more like it."

        "Yeah, seriously. So, where are you from, Evelyn Price?"

        "Texas. Near Austin."

        "Nice. My brother lives in Texas. I live in Studio City near LA. But, I'm from Florida. Well, born in Mississippi, but I decided when I was a baby that I didn't want to be a redneck so I made my mom move." he joked. What a great guy. Here we were, God knows where, scared to death, and he's trying to make me laugh. I did laugh.

        "I know who you are, actually. I watch your videos." I blushed.

        "That's awesome!" he laughed. "Small universe."

        Suddenly, a large screen started to lower from a thin slit in the ceiling a few feet in front of us. It was like a thin television. Toby picked up his feet from the floor and crossed them under him as a precaution. We looked at each other, wide eyed, then back at the screen.