Back to school

Emma's POV:

Finally, I'm back to my favorite place. School. My mother was already discharge from the hospital yesterday.  I went to my locker and took my things.

While walking down the hall, I saw someone familiar. I ran to catch up with the girl.

"Mallory?!"

The girl look to my direction and both of eyes widened. She ran to me and gave me a hug. I did the same. Only the 'hug' part not the 'run' part.

"I miss you so much." we spoke together. What a coincedence. We both laugh, since we've been friends, we always acted like we were twins. Until now.

"I thought you were not coming back." I said as we walk around the hall.

"Me too. But I guess my mom really miss me so here I am." she smiled.

"Finally I found you two." an arm was wrapped around my shoulders and gave me a hug. "I miss you so much."

"Taylor "

"I miss you too. When did you get back?"

"Just yesterday, the same day Mallory also got back." she happily said.

This girl is always hyper.

I can't believe it, both of my best friends returned and we are reunited once again.

We sat on the cafeteria during lunch. I saw Harry pass by our table. What happened to him? He looks depressed.

I called him. "Harry, you can sit here if you want."

He looks to me then Mallory, then me again. "Thanks, but no thanks." he said trying to smile then walks away.

I  look at Mallory, her eyes were looking at the floor and it looks like she was going to cry.

"Are you okay Mal?" I ask rubbing little circles on her back.

"I don't know..." she shrug. "....Emma, can we meet after class, I want to talk about something."

"Sure."

Then the bell rung. I said goodbye to the two of them and went to my class. 

"It's really thoughtful of Tom to give me notes on the classes that I've missed the past few days." I said to myself.

"You're back." Someone said wrapping his arms around my shoulder.

"Hi Tom." I happily said and did the same.

"Is this your way of saying 'Thank you' to the guy who gave you notes. I kinda like it." he says.

I just laugh. Why is he the only guy who really makes me laugh? I guess the answer is yet to come.

"By the way, what's wrong with Harry?"

"That I don't know. I think it's because Mallory's back."

"Why Mallory?"

"Mallory is Harry's girlfriend, or should I say she WAS Harry's girlfriend."

"Wait! So you mean, they had a relationship?"

"Yes. Didn't you know?"

"No!"

"Well, now you know." he laughed.

Mallory has much to explain to me after school.