Dinner in the hospital

My stomach begins to complain for not feeding it. I sigh. I guess I can buy a piece of doughnut. But I know it's not enough.

  Anthony and his mom already went home a few minutes ago. So there's no one I can ask to buy me dinner. I couldn't also leave my mom in this state.

  While I'm thinking of a way to buy food without leaving my mom, there was a knock on the door. I opened it and saw the worried face of Tom.

  "Hi" he said faintly giving me a smile. "Hi". I smiled. He closed the door before sitting across me. "I brought you some food in case you're hungry." he said placing a paperbag on the table.

   "Thanks, you're timing is perfect. I owe you....." I took out the contents of the paperbag. ".....By the way, how did you know my mom's in the hospital?"

  "Well, about that..." Tom rub the back of his neck."...I know it's going to sound strange.I got a phone call and it was a man on the other line he said I should bring food for someone named 'Emma' on room 113. Then he send me the address of the hospital.."

  Who could that mysterious caller be?

Tom and I talk about school. But since I couldn't go to school for the next few days, he promise to visit me everyday and let me borrow notes from the classes I'm going to miss. I'm glad he's my friend.

  After a while Tom went home. I guess I can get some sleep. I sat beside my mom's bed and when trying to get some sleep, I heard my mom say something.

I lean to her closer to hear it clearer. When she said the word again, but it wasn't a word but a name.

"Jonathan" is the name I heard coming from my mom's mouth. Tears roll down to my cheeks. My mom is dreaming of the man whom we both loved a long time ago.

  Then a smile appeared on her face. Is it a beautiful dream about them?

  If my dad still loves us, could it be my mom still loves him?