Chapter 2Voluntary As Maid

Start from the beginning

Father and Son nodded their heads and said, "Yes." 

"It is a simple matter to solve," her lips curved upwards and smiled so obviously.

"How to solve it?" The father and son asked. 

"I will find someone who wants to get married into this family. Won't it do?" Believing that she, Chu Zhu Yu, could find someone in Luo Yang City who wanted to marry her with a single call. There will be many to pick from.

After four days, Chu Zhu Yu finally came to understand that her ideas to make a man marry her and get into her family wasn't something easy. 

On the first day, she went to the doors of twenty-seven matchmakers. Once they heard that the miss from the Chu family was searching for someone who was willing to marry into her family, none of the match-making ladies wanted to take the business. She even didn't set that high of a standard. Speaking frankly, her requirements were not really high. She wanted a man who is able to do accounting, who could enter the kitchen and serve, understood about tea and its quality, and the most important out of those, he should be someone very healthy... 

But before waiting for her to finish all her requirements, those match-making ladies have kicked her out from the door.

On the second day, Chu Zhu Yu was trying to find some poor literate men in the city. This kind of people usually is those who have ambition but hard to achieve, a lack of money to spend, and a fast learner. She hardly got 13 people, but at the moment she talked about her intentions, with a righteous look, they said, "We are literate people, how could we do such a dishonorable thing regarding our marriage." 

Please big brother, she didn't ask for murdering or flaming. This had nothing to do with degrading their honor and marrying into the family. 

"I can give you money to take the exam. I can also make you someday bring honor to your ancestors."

"Is he still a man, if he does such for money?!"

"................."

This kind of conversation more or less was very similar with the other 12 people before him.

On the third day, Chu Zhu Yu thought to find some martial arts men. Those who practiced martial arts must be someone with a big heart and good brain. Talking about marrying into the family wouldn't be a big matter. She was searching, and once she found the suitable candidate, she was about to speak, but who knew that the candidate was in conflict. Make a single move with hands, dozens of people flew out. 

Chu Zhu Yu's body became unsteady, fled in panic. She didn't want that one day, when they became husband and wife and fought, she would be hit in such a way. 

On the fourth day, she directly went to a host house (something like a brothel where men serve women) and found one host (not selling body but selling art and skill such as dancing, singing, etc). "I will give you money for compensation if you get married into my family, won't you?" 

That host suddenly knelt down, but what he said was different from what Chu Zhu Yu thought. It was far from a graceful act, "Miss Chu, I beg of you to let me off. I don't want to die early. I still wish to one day continue my family line, living a life like that of normal people." 

"Marrying into my Chu family, won't you have a normal life?"

"Don't you know that your big uncle has spread the word in the center of Luo Yang City: those who are willing to marry into your family, let you bear a baby, would immediately die without ever having a son ah~!"

The man was crying miserably, crying till she felt embarrassed.

While walking out from the host house, Chu Zhu Yu felt her head getting a double cause of frustration.

Is it really this hard to just make someone marry into her family? She only wanted children that would have the surname 'Chu'. Even the father's background didn't matter to her anymore.

"Hey, have you heard the rumor? The Landlord2] Sun's maid shamelessly seduced the master and worse, she's pregnant too!" 

"Really shameless!" 

"Who knows that this maid was not lucky enough. When she was found out by Landlord Sun's wife, she was dragged to be beaten, but by coincided she is found pregnant. They said Landlord Sun will marry her as the seventh concubine."

That is the gossip talked by those gossiping mid-aged aunties. After hearing such a conversation, it gave Chu Zhu Yu an idea and raised her hope. 

"Become a maid, will it be easy to seduce the master and bear the child?" She got closer and shamelessly asked.

"See, you are a lady. How come you are asking such a question?" a mid-aged auntie lectured her.

"Aiya~ you lady, it is very normal if you don't know," said another a mid-aged auntie looked at Chu Zhu Yu

"This is what is called as proximity between the master and maid. In ages past, there were lots of servants who bore their master's baby and finally became a concubine." 

Chu Zhu Yu's eyes were sparkling after hearing the gossip. So, to become a maid, there is an advantage.

Fine! She decided to become a maid. Then she will work hard... bear the child, and about being a concubine, let others do it! 

The next day, Chu Zhu Yu stood in front of one of the middle-aged housekeepers.

"Age?" 

"18" 

"Married yet?" 

"Not yet." 

"In this residence, the regulations are so many. All should be done carefully and in detail, even though you are a maid, you should be responsible and not hold delusions." 

"Yes! Yes!" Chu Zhu Yu nodded her head, feeling as if the head housekeeper seemed to know her intentions. It sounded like a warning to her. 

"But seeing your body has more meat, the general won't mind it too." The housekeeper continued.

"General?" She came to be a maid so what is the relationship with her body meat?

"Later you will become the maid who serves the general. Every month you will get two silver Liangs." The head housekeeper of Xiao gave the working contract, letting Chu Zhu Yu make a thumb stamp.

What? Isn't she going to work in the Kang residence? How could it be changed to the General's residence?

Chu Zhu Yu got confused as she nodded her head. Running to the front of the residence, she looked at the plank's written three words "The General's Residence". Then she gazed to the side shocked, and she looked. The next residence's written two words were....

"Kang Residence" 

Oh My Heaven! Impossible ah!

Note:

1] 大 Da 理 Li 寺Shi 卿 Qing: Da Li Shi Qing is one of the highest position of a government official in ancient time that equal as president of the supreme court.

2] 员 Yuan 外Wai : Landlord (old usage)