"Where did you go to?" I asked catching up with him.

"i went to check on something" he replied nonchalantly and I nod my head.. Why is he acting weird? First he avoids eye contact with me and then he disappears.

Koma menene idan yayi tsami zamuji . . .

We arrive in front of a room and Ahmaad push the door open with a key from his pocket, entering the room I let out a gasp taking into the appearance of the beautifully decorated room with a king size bed, dressing mirror, walk in closet, bathroom, a mini parlor, book shelf and it was neat and smells nicely of turaren wuta!

I remove my veil that was lazily draped over my shoulder and fold it then perfectly drop it on the sofa, Ahmaad has already hit the shower while I start to unpack our suitcases. I arranged everything in the wardrobe, put away the suitcases and brought out a pair of grey sweat pants and T-shirt for Ahmaad and a shorts for me and his over sized jumper.

Someone knocks on the door and I open it slowly to reveal four of the Fulani women i met earlier, the were all holding trays of food and they greeted me (in Fulfulde.. And I just stood there like a zombie and muttered 'sannu'.) they drop the food and left just as Ahmaad step out from the bathroom.

"I'm starving.. Anee please serve me" he groans with a towel wrapped around his torso as he wears his T-shirt.

"Okay what will you eat.." I said opening the food flasks and nice aroma hit my nostrils "there is masa and miya, jollof rice and chicken, tuwo and miyan kuka and fura da nono.. Wow the fura and nono seems fresh"

"That's cause it is, i wannnt masa and jollof rice" he said now fully dressed.

"Do you want the fura and nono?"

"Yes, but put less of the fura and more nono" he grinned and as do as he wants, I served him then grabbed my towel to freshen up and then eat food before taking a quick nap.

***      ***

             NAANA ZAINAB (Ahmaad's Grandma) whom they fondly called "Hajiya" is a fifty three year old healthy Fulani woman who is a sweet, friendly and nice with thick dark strands of hair, fair skin and melancholy voice. She has a way with words and can be very authoritative, when she says something it happens willingly or unwillingly.

She have five children: Sultan Hammad (Ahmaad's father), Al'amin (Salman's father/ Inbihaj's father in law)  Naana Firdausi, Naana Aisha and Fatima Zahra respectively.

Although you might think Hajiya is old and not aware of what her children's family are going through, she knows everything. From Ahmaad marrying a non Fulani girl to his mother loathing the girl. Personally she wasn't against the marriage in fact she was happy that her favourite grandson was finally settling down after all he has been through..

Haneesa was gorgeously dressed in pink and blue ankara lace and the tie her head tie professionally on her head, she applied kohl to her big doe eyes, lip balm to her chapped lips as she gum her lower and upper lip to balance the balm. she sprays her oud perfume before grabbing her veil and draping it over he shoulder, it was after Maghreb and they were going down to the main parlor as commanded, Haneesa had prayed and prayed in sujood for Hajiya to like her and not hate her like her mother in law and unknowingly to her, something bad was to happen just for her to step out from their room.

Ahmaad who was nervously dressed in his long pants and T-shirt watches his wife as she dress up cause she wanted hajiya to have a good impression on her. If only she knew what destiny has planned for them, she wouldn't have been so excited. Deep down in his heart he longed to tell her his mother's plans but he couldn't bring himself to do so, instead he started acting weird since they arrive hoping she will get the message that's something is up but she was too caught up in her fantasy world to realize the reality around her.

"Are you ready?" She asked him and he nodded his head shoving his phone in his pocket, hasbinallau wani'mal wakeel! He kept muttering through out their walk to the main parlor.

Haneesa was so busy taking in the appearance of the palace like house that she didn't notice her mother in law dressed heavily in a purple lace attire as she smiled at her. Everyone was seated waiting for the couple as hajiya smiled painfully at Haneesa, she felt bad for the girl who was still unknown to what is happening around her

"Bingel am! Finally you are here, come here my daughter" Ummah said and Haneesa turn around to see who the woman was talking to

"Me?" She asked shocked when no one was behind her.

"Silly girl, of course it is you. Come here" she patted the space close to her and she walks slowly to her as if scared she is planning something, she greeted everyone and Hajiya who was already wrapped up around her lovingly.

"Haidar!!" Ummah called and he slowly looked up to meet the woman who claimed to give birth to him.. Why is she punishing him? Why?

"Naa'am"

"Have you talked to your wife about what is to happen tomorrow?" She asked with a smirk plastered on her face, she was enjoying and yearning for the drama to unfold.. Haneesa has messed with the wrong woman.

"No Ummah" he replied ignoring Haneesa's piercing gaze, her heart was doing kuptum kuptum as she rolled her eyes mentally, she hates suspense.

Inbihaj who was seated close to her husband felt her heart break at the sight of what is happening in the house, oh poor soul. She thought, Salman squeeze his wife's hand assuring her it would be okay.. He took felt bad for her but what there is nothing he can do.. If by any chance he spoke Ummah will make a scene saying they are intervening in her family matter which might cause a rift between the two brothers.

"When are you planning to tell her then? After the deed is done?  She ought to know" she snapped feigning anger even though she was dancing in joy inside her heart.

"Tell me what?"

"That I am getting married, tomorrow In Shaa Allah"

***

nayi koqari koo?😅😅

don't be expecting any update soon fahh.. I have tried ai and Ahmaad is getting married?

Ghen ghen😣

Bye, bye❤