Chapter 2. Not What I Expected.

I was standing outside waiting for the bus to come, since today was the day I rode the bus for the week. I saw Justin coming out his front door. He saw me and smiled. I motioned him to come over on my side of the street so we can talk. 

"Hey!" Justin said. "Hey!" I replied back with. Justin stood beside me. I started to feel little butterflies run through my stomach. "So, what's up?" Justin asked. "Oh, nothing, haha you?" "Same." I nodded my head with a big smile.

The bus came and we both got on. I went to the back of the bus. Justin just stood there. I motioned for him to come in the back with me. He smiled as he sat next to me.

I was getting out my phone when I dropped it. "Oh I'll get that for you." Justin said as we both bent down at the same time. Our hands touched. Justin looked me straight in the eyes for a minute, but it felt like forever.

Justin broke the trance and grabbed my phone and handed it to me. "Here you go." Justin said with a half smile. "Thanks." I said blushing.

When we got to school, I saw Rachel waiting for me. "Hey Sweetheart!" Rachel said as she wrapped her arms around me. Rachel smiled at Justin "Hey!" She told him. "Hey." Justin said shyley.

Rachel, Justin and I walked to the lunchroom for breakfast, when we saw Michael with his douchebag friends. "Um, we can skip breaksfast if you-" I cut Rachel off. "No, it's okay." Rachel shrugged her shoulders and all three of us walked into the cafeteria.

As we were sitting down at our table, I saw Michael laughing and his friends laughing at us. Whatever.

As I was drinking my orange juice, my phone rang with a text messege. It said it was from "Michael."

Jesus Christ.

"Michael: HAHAHA NICE UR DATING THE NEW KID! WELL, ATLEAST YOU GOT SOMEONE TO DATE YOU~"

I snuck a peek at Michael and his friends. They were already looking and laughing at me.

I rolled my eyes and finished off my juice.

"So, Justin, how do you like it at this school so far?" Rachel asked. Justin snuck a look at me. He smiled at me and brushed his arm "accidently" aganist my back. I blushed. "It's like going to any new school. Scary, but, once you meet some people, it's alright." Justin looked at me with the biggest smile I've seen on him today. "Ooooo! Looks like someone has a new crush!" Rachel squealed.

I scrunched my eyes at her. Rachel maybe my best friend, but believe me, she'll start rumors about ANYONE. If she starts one about me, it's harmless usually. I never really get mad at her for it. It's quite amusing. 

I threw my straw at her. "No one here has a new crush!" I giggled. Justin laughed as he flipped his hair. Oh god, that was hot. He was so cute. I wish he was-

Rachel interrrupted my thoughts. "We should get going if we don't want to be late to first period."

I nodded and we all headed to our first class. When we walked into first period, I saw Michael sitting on my desk with his arms crossed and his cocky grin. What a douche bag. "Um, you're on my desk." I told Michael. "Oh, sorry." Michael said. He got off and went over to his friends. Weird. I was expecting a "Make me, loser." or "You don't own this desk, dumbass."

I didn't think too much more of it and I sat down. Justin quickly followed and sat down next to me. "So, by what Rachel was telling me, there's a homecoming coming up?" Justin said. "Oh, yeah." I replied with. "Well, you, Rachel, and I should all go together!" Justin said, excitedly. I smiled, then remembered that Rachel had a date, and my smile slowly faded away. "That would be so much fun, but, um, Rachel already has a date." 

Justin's smiled turned into a frown. "Oh." "Yeah..." "Well, how about you and me go? You know, just like, as friends." My heart started to beat alittle faster. I felt butterflies in my stomach. "Um, sure that would be terrifc." I replied back with. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the last class of the day, and Justin sat behind me. He threw a note to me. "So, what color dress are you wearing? I don't want to wear the same one as you! (; " I smiled. I replied with "I wasn't really planning on going until you asked me today. But I guess it's going to be pink? Not sure. And, you'll be dead meat if you wear the same dress ;) "

I threw it back to him. I could feel him smiling at the note.

School was over and Justin and I started to walk home. "I can't wait for homecoming! It's going to be so much fun!" Justin squealed. "Yeah it is!" I replied back with. 

We were on our street when Justin asked, "Hey do you wanna come over to my place and study or something?" Justin asked. "Um, sure!" I replied with. "Race you there." Justin said. Before I had a chance to reply to that, he was already halfway to his house. "Justin!!" I screamed as I ran after him.

We were at his front door and he was out of breathe. So was I. Justin opened his door and his mom was sitting on the living room couch. She got up and hugged Justin. "Welcome back, Justin! How was school? And, who's your friend?" Justin's mom said as she looked at me. "Oh, this is Carly. She came over to hang out. She lives right across the street!" Justin's mom smiled and held out her hand. "Hi, Carly." Justin's mom said as she shook my hand. "Hey, Justin's mom." "Oh, call me Pattie." I giggled alittle bit. "Okay, hello Pattie."

I let go of Pattie's hand and stood alittle farther away from Justin. I was kinda scared to stand closer than 2 feet close to him now. "We'll be in my room, mom!" Justin said as he grabbed my wrist and jogged towards his room. "Leave your door cracked!" Pattie repled with. 

Justin threw his bookbag in the corner next to his shelf. He slipped off his shoes and sat on his bed. I stood by his door. "Don't be shy, Carly! Take off your shoes and sit next to me!" Justin said as he patted the space next to him on his bed.

I smiled and took off my shoes and my bookbag and gently set my shoes on top of them. I hopped on Justin's bed next to him and stared at him "So, what do you want to study first?" Justin giggled. "Auh, we can study later. Let's play Call of Duty. You do play that right?" I smiled. "Uh, duh. Haha." "Oh thank god. I would have kicked you out of my house." Justin jokingly said as he passed me a controller. "Of course you would." I said. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After two and a half hours of non stop Call of Duty, we decided to study. 

"So, want to study math first?" Justin asked. "Sure." I repled with.

We both grabbed our math books and slung them open.

"Okay, problem one. Sally had 8 bottles in one hand, and 9 in the other. If Sally drank half of those bottles, what is her conclusion?" Justin said. "A drinking problem." I replied with. We both started laughing. Justin put his hand on my shoulder. I was laughing so hard, I fell off of Justin's bed. Since Justin's hand was on my shoulder he fell right on top of me.

Our laughing slowly faded. We stared into each other's eyes. Justin closed his eyes and slowly leaned in. I was about to lean in too, when I got a phone call from my mom. Justin quickly got off of me as I answered the phone. "Hello?" I said. "Where are you?  have been worried sick!" Oh shit. I forgot to tell my mom I was over at Justin's house. "Oh crap. Sorry mom I forgot to tell you I was at my new friend Justin's house. He lives across the street. I'll be home in a minute!"

I quickly slipped my shoes on and grabbed my bookbag. I smiled at Justin and hugged him. "See you tomorrow, Carly." "See you then Justin." I walked out of Justin's front door and walked across the street. I was at my front door and I sighed. I couldn't believe that just happened. Did I really almost just kiss Justin?