Christmas

When I was a little girl in grade school, my teacher would ask us what our favorite holiday was. At the time I had no opinion on the topic, since I loved all the holidays, from easter to thanksgiving.

However, during my senior year of high school, I developed a strong hatred for chistmas.

It wasn't that big of a deal but during my senior year, while the whole school was out for vacations during the holidays, I was at home, sitting in front of the TV set in my unicorn pajamas.

Now this wasn't the problem, the problem was that I was home alone. My parents were also out vacationing and since I was the only child, I was all alone on Christmas Eve.

I was binge watching Christmas movie marathons, when suddenly the light went out. No biggie. I would simply just go to the basement and turn the lights on.

I got up and grabbed my flashlight. I walked to the stairs leading to the basement and started stepping down.

Soon enough I was in the basement and infront of the electric box. I pressed the switch but the lights wouldn't turn on. So I decided to go up and ask the neighbors for help. As I began to walk up the stairs, I heard a knock on thw door so I ran up to answer the door.

As I unlocked the door and peeked out, I saw tall man with stringy hair sticking out in all directions. He had a deviously creepy smile and bloodshot eyes. In his hand, he carreid a large pair of scissors.

I freaked and slammed the door shut. I went to close the windows and I saw him peeking in so I quickly closed the windows and ran up to my room.

I called the 911 and explained the entire situation to them. The operator told me to calm down and said they were on their way.

I kept on peeking out from my bedroom window to see what the man was doing. He was standing there, breathing heavily and continuosly smiling the devilish smile. His head then turned towards me and he screamed "I WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS, SINCE IT'S GONNA BE YOUR LAST". He then disappeared and never came again.

Since that experience, I began hating Christmas and I also refused to be left alone.