Prologue:

"Politics say I should be with the captain of the cheer squad, Jill." Dean sighed. " Yes, that is what politics say, but what does your heart say? What girl has your heart Dean?" Jillian asked curiously? " I don't know. My heart says one thing, but my mind is telling me another." He confessed. " Well, all I know is you can pull any girl you want." Jill admitted. " That's the thing, I'm not so sure if it's a girl I want to pull.." 

        Dean Hartington, star quarterback of the Lincoln Grizzly Bears, is confused in more than one way. He is destined to be signed to any college in the U.S . All he wants to do is be himself, but with a strict father who already has his life planned out he feels trapped and thinks there is no way out. Raised in a strict "no gay' family he feels claustrophobic and the walls are constantly getting closer. Football is something he  has always been good at, but it is just not the life for him anymore, it never has been. 

      John Hartington, former star quarterback of the Grizzly Bears still holds records to this day, is the father of Dean Hartington. John was signed to play for Alabama but his cheerleader girlfriend unexpectedly got pregnant and his life changed in the blink of an eye. His father forced him to enroll into the military and take care of his newfound family. Now eighteen years later, he is reliving his years through his son hoping that Dean will have the life he has always dreamed of. 

       Will Dean risk everything to be with the one he loves and finally live his life, or will his father get his wish and Dean forever be lost in his dads' shadow?