[5] The Academy

Comment and vote, please!

*******************************************************************************************************************

Once done with breakfest, Ken came downstairs and greeted us. He sat down next to me, and ruffled my hair. The boys gave each other a knowing look and I frowned.

Okay, now they're being all secretive; what could they possibly be keeping from me?

"Daisy, be sure to have your things packed up by tonight," Ken said, smiling proudly at me.

I could only nod; I wonder what the guys at the Academy will say. It sounded like a school dominated by men, but it couldn't be that bad, right? I'll have Kyo and Siman to protect me.

Once everyone was finished with their breakfest I took the plates and washed the dishes. Kyo helped me, and Siman sat by watching with curiosity. Once we were done, Kyo left and Siman followed behind quietly.

"What are they up to?" I couldn't help saying to myself.

~*~

Once I had everything packed, I got on my laptop (given to me generously from this insanely rich family) and got on my favorite reading site, Wattpad. I was reading this really good story called The Wolf Cave when Kyo walk in. He was dressed for bed, wearing nothing but a tee-shirt and sweatpants. I had to be careful when looking at either Kyo or Siman - they were too hot for their own good, especially Kyo with his beautiful freckles.

I don't know what it is about freckles, but I love them. Especially his; he makes freckles look hot!

"Whatcha doin'?" he asked, sitting next to me.

"Reading." I said, turning back to my book. I guess he'll learn the hard way to never distrub me when I'm reading.

"Really?" he said, surprised. "You're a book nerd?"

"Yep - and damn proud of it too!" I said, pushing him away when he tried to read over my shoulder. He looked shocked as he fell to the ground, but that shock quickly turned to amusement.

"You're stronger than you look!" he said, gettiing up and stretching to his full height. I had to hold in the urge to widden my eyes when his fingers almost touched the ceiling. This boy is tall!

"You shouldn't underestimate me," I said as I turned back to the computer. I pulled up my "My Works" and clicked on my collection of short stories and poems called "When Life Does A Loop-dee-Loop". Writing sometimes takes the pain away of losing my parents and little sister.

I opened up a new chapter and began writing.

The Gun

by Daisy Simone

Picture in your mind a gun.

It feels warm in your hands

and you feel invincible.

Just looking at the silver weapon gleam in the sunlight makes you feel...

well, in an empire state of mind.

But as you look at your victim is it right to take their life?

A gun can be more than an object in your hands.

It could be your words

your influences

your experiences