I put the receiver up to my ear and I balanced it between my shoulder and ear while waiting for him to pick up the phone. "Hello?" Wesley's voice rang through the phone. "Well, if it isn't my favorite knucklehead!" I say excitedly as a smile formed on my face. Although I had a lot to look forward to when I came back home, Wesley was one of the main people I looked forward to seeing to.

"Hey, JJ! When will you be here?" He asks with excitement laced in his tone and that made me smile. "Hopefully, I'll be there in the morning, if not then I'll definitely be there by noon." I explain while shoving a piece of the graham cracker into my mouth.

"Cool! Can we go out to shoot some hoops and get ice cream afterwards?" He asks. "Of course! It's whatever you wanna do, lil' bro." I say. "But, can I talk yo Dad?"

"Sure thing. Love you."

"Love you more." I heard some shuffling in the background before Dad finally got on the phone. "Hey, JJ! What's going on?" He asks and I sighed. "I didn't get accepted into Duke," I say, waiting for his response. "I'm sorry, JJ. I know you much you really wanted to come back and stay for good." He says and I shrug. "It's fine. I'll just apply again next semester. Anyways, I told Wes that I would be there tomorrow by noon at the latest."

"Alright, well, We'll be waiting for you." he says and I smile. "Alright, Dad. I love you."

"I love you too, baby girl." Our call is ended and I went ahead and dialed Denise's number. "Hey girly! What's the news?" She asks excitedly and I sighed. "I didn't get in." I say and she gasps. "Are you serious?" She asks in disbelief with a saddened tone and that made me feel sad. "Yeah, it sucks, man. But, hey! I'll be home tomorrow and I'll try to apply again second semester so don't lose hope." I say with a small smile.

"Yeah, you're right. I can't wait to see you, man! This summer is gonna be a blast." She says and I agreed. "What are you doing?" I asked. "Just finished unpacking my clothes. What about you?"

"I just got home not too long ago so I'm gonna take a shower then take a nap. I'll talk to you later?" "Of course." After exchanging a few more words, I hung up the phone and stood up to get some clothes out of my drawer. While doing so, the sound of three knocks penetrated my room, making my head snap over towards the door.

"Come in," I say and the door swings open, revealing Quinita. "Yes?" I asked, diverting my attention back to getting my clothes out of my drawer. "Hey, um, I was wondering if you could give me your Dad's number so I can talk to Wesley?" She asks and I paused my actions. How would Dad react to talking to mom after all of this time? What about Wesley? Shit, knowing him, he'd be happy as hell to hear from her. Personally, if it were up to me, I wouldn't even allow Wesley to speak to her but, he shouldn't have to suffer just because I didn't want to mess with her.

That wouldn't be right.

"The number is 678-999-8212. He should be home because I just talked to him not too long ago." She nods and thanks me before exiting out of my bedroom. I sigh to myself and retrieved my clothes before going into the bathroom to take a shower.

The next morning, I woke up at 5 A.M. unable to contain my excitement. I would finally be reunited with all of my loved ones and I couldn't wait! A visit has been long overdue.

I made sure I had everything I would need before exchanging my goodbyes with Sunny and hitting the road.

The ride home was initially three hours and a few minutes but due to traffic, that three hour ride turned into a six hour one. I wasn't complaining though.

Most of the time I was lost in my own thoughts and I was mentally preparing myself for when I would have to face Donald. I was so ready to see him but at the same time, I was scared! I didn't want him to end up dissing me and at the same time, I didn't want to do anything that would make him dislike me more.