Chapter 1 - The Trip

"Now class, since summer break is around the corner, our class is going to take a field trip to celebrate a successful school year so far." Miss Mason said.
"Hey...at least for once school will be fun!" Kelsey whispered to Emily behind her. Emily laughed to herself.
The teacher shot Kelsey a disapproved look before continuing her speech. "We will be going to the zoo to research all the different types of animals." The class groaned in annoyance. "You will get to work in pairs of your choice though. So now choose who you want to pair up with."

The class erupted into an exited chatter as they all chose who they were going to work with.

"Chloe? Want to work with me?" Kelsey smiled.

"Sorry, I have to go with the student council." Chloe rejected.

"Oh well....Lily?"

"I'm going with Emily!! Definitely not to talk about our fandoms though!" Lily blushed.

Kelsey posted. "Aww..."

"Want to work with me, Kelsey?" April asked.

Wait..what? Kelsey thought. Did the girl of her dreams really just ask her that? Emily, Lily and Chloe giggled to themselves because they were definitely not behind this.

April tilted her head slightly. "Have you gone deaf?"
"NO UM... I UH..." Kelsey blushed and waved her hands around. Without thinking, she blurted out the words that would change her life forever. "I will pair up with you, April!"