T W O ∘ Application

POV: BELLA VINCENT
Saturday, October 28 2017

A warm sunbeam woke me the next day. I turned away from the window and saw a neon clock on the nightstand. It read eleven-forty-two.

I was going to the nearest high school this afternoon. It would give me something to do while I tried to figure out how I was going to fix this. Plus, it was probably the easiest way to find my blood supply.

I heard what sounded like dishes clanging together in the sink downstairs and got up.

I felt sorry for what I was doing to Aaron, but it wasn't anything personal. It was only temporary, and I'd be gone soon enough. And when I did leave, I'd give him his life back.

"Hey. Breakfast?"

I smiled politely. "No, thanks. I'll pick up something on the way." More like I'd pick someone up.

"Oh, that reminds me. Here." He tossed a keychain at me. I gave him a puzzled look. "One is a house key. And the other is the key to my old truck. It's in the garage."

"Oh. Um, thank you." He nodded. "So, is there a high school close by?"

"Forks High, seven miles from here. You gonna sign up?"

I hummed a mm-hm while I poured some coffee.

"Oh, cool. I actually work there, so I can take you. I gotta go in today anyway."

"You work there?"

"Yeah. Gym coach."

Hm. Convenient.

We left after an hour. It was thundering now. Aaron said it was normal and that the sunny morning we had was rare. I preferred that anyway even though, thanks to my witch side, sunlight wasn't a problem for my vampire side.

After a few minutes passed, we pulled up to an almost empty parking lot. Just faculty, since it was Saturday. I got out and followed him to the office.

"Hey, Coach! Who's this?" A red-haired woman behind the counter caught sight of me. She had small brown eyes behind her glasses.

He grinned at her. "Afternoon, Shelly. This is Bella, my sister. Bella, this is Ms. Cope."

"Hi, dear. What brings you here?"

"Senior year." I looked at Aaron. "Go do what you need to. I got this."

He touched my shoulder and gave me a smile before leaving the room.

I filled out the papers she gave me, using 'Bella Vincent' as my name. I gave them back to Ms. Cope, who was surprised I finished them so fast.

"Do you have your transcripts with you?"

I hadn't thought of that. I compelled her to believe that she already had them and told her to fill out what was needed. I've always been good at academic stuff, so it won't be hard to keep it up.

When she finished, I went to find Aaron. He was in the gym's storage room, organizing the sports materials.

"Hey. That was quick. Everything go okay?"

"Yeah. Do you need some help?"

"Thanks, I'm good. I have my own way I like to do this. It might be a while, though. Do you want the car keys? You can get some school supplies, then come back to get me later."

"Sure. What time?"

"Five should be good. Be careful."

He was really taking the whole 'sister' thing to another level. Maybe I should have worded it better when I told him what to say to people.

No matter now. I guess it's better that he believe it; that way, other people certainly will.

I got a black leather messenger bag, basic supplies, and some clothes since I had absolutely nothing. I was on time when I picked Aaron up from the school, and we got back to the house at nearly five-fifteen. I could tell he was a nervous wreck on the way, but I hated driving slow.

I realized I hadn't eaten anything today and suddenly felt very weak. I had put the other three blood bags in the fridge last night, which is where I headed straight to when I made it through the front door.