Chapter Four - The Dance - With A Special Guest.

Start from the beginning

"If the male frog is heterozygous dominant, then the offspring must have its-"

"Emma! Look up! You only have one question left, do it when I'm done with your eye liner!" Katie whined.

"Hmm?" I said, while writing down the answer to the last biology question. I sighed happily. I got all my homework done in time.

"Never mind." Katie muttered, concentrating on my eyes.

"Okay, your hair is officially finished!" Amanda squealed from beside me.

"Oh wow, that looks amazing Amanda." Alice murmured.

"Let me see!" Kelly squealed, jumping off my bed. "Wow, that looks really good." Kelly sounded hypnotized and I laughed.

Katie got up and smiled. "Makeup's done as well! Let me see the hair!" Katie squealed, her reaction was an exact replica of Kelly's.

"Can I see it please?"

"Oh! Yeah! Okay close your eyes so you can see the final result in your mirror." Amanda said. I nodded and shut my eyes as they led me to the side of the room where my full length mirror was and opened my eyes.

But I didn't see myself in the reflection. I saw a girl with blonde curls tumbling gracefully over her shoulder. She had light pink lipstick on and her green eyes popped out from the eye makeup that was applied around them.

I had no words from how stunned I was. Then I remembered what Alice said about my poster earlier. "His real name is Eugene and he's a nice guy." I murmured, still looking at my reflection. The dress looked even better with my hair and makeup and I admired my shoes once more before I heard laughter from behind me.

"You're a but early, Em." Alice said, still laughing. I flushed from embarrassment as the laughter died down. "Thank you so much guys I look amazing because of you."

"It was nothing. Come on, we're all done! Let's go!" Katie squealed happily. We all nodded and grabbed our clutches to take with us. While the girls mostly stored their makeup and utensils in their bags, mine had pepper spray, antiseptic wipes, and a band aid in case another emergency occurred.

"Oh you girls look amazing!" My mum gushed. There was a chorus of thank you before my mum smiled. "Where's my daughter?" She asked with a frown.

"Um, mum, I'm right here..." I trailed off, doing a little wave to show her that I was standing right in front of her. Her grey eyes widened in shock before she pulled me into a hug. "I didn't even recognize you honey! You look incredible! You girls are fantastic at this. I think I'll call you the next time I have a dance." She winked at them and I started blushing from her bad 'Mum joke'. "Okay mum, we're going now." I pulled away from her and she nodded.

"Okay, remember what I said - No boys! Oh! And your sister came back about 5 minutes ago! She wanted to go say hi to you but I td her not to disturb you so she's in her room putting her pajamas on."

"Oh! I have to go say hi! Do you guys mind?" I turned to the girls and they all shook their heads. "We'll wait for you outside so you can have your moment with her." Amanda smiled. I nodded and ran to Courtney's room.

"Courtney!" I exclaimed, and ran in to give her a hug.

She gasped and a wide grin spread across her face. "EMMA! HI! I missed you so much!" She said, hugging me back. I laughed and pulled away. "How was camp Court?"

"It was so fun! We went swimming and rock climbing and even fishing! Oh, my tooth came out; you know the one that I told you was wiggling? See!" She pointed at the gap between her front tooth and her fang and grinned.