Ch 9: Liar

'If you come to save me, then I'll shoot and kill you during the rescue.' Karma remains facing upwards with his gun pointing in the air, 'If you let me die without helping, then your existence as a teacher will be destroyed!' A sneer then escapes his lips at the thought. 

So that was how falling to his death feels like. He could see an incredible kaleidoscope of images in his mind. 

"But papa and mama just got here. Are you leaving me again?" The redhead's eyes were all watery. To think that he still has memories of his primary school. 

"Don't say it like that. We will always return to your side, sweetie." His mother wipes his tears with him on her lap, "Mama and papa have to work really hard to give you a good life. But for that, we have to part for a short while."

'Liar. You never chose me. I was never considered your choice in the first place.'

"You understand, don't you, son? Your mother and I can't miss this opportunity." Karma could only grasp the phone tightly, disheartened by the series of disappointments. "How about spending your birthday with your friends again this year? I'll have the money sent into your account."

'Liar. You abandoned me. You only ever come back whenever it's convenient for you. May it be several months, or even years.'

"What's wrong with helping a senpai who was being bullied?" 

"No, Akabane. No matter how I look at it, you are in the wrong." He was taken back. Ah, to be betrayed once again. It's like a cycle that never ends. "You sided with Class E and injured someone who has a future. The only thing right about you were your grades. That's why I always stood up for you, but it's a different story if you're going to damage my reputation."

'Liar. Then again, why did I expect him to be any different? He's dying. In my mind's eye, sensei was dying. They are all dying. For them to be dead even though they were still alive.. at that moment, I understood.'

His faith in them was dead. 

'Korosensei, you will die by my hand! Now, which 'death' will you choose?'

But that was his miscalculation. The teacher in question appears right behind him, catching him in a web formed by his tentacles. 

"Karma-kun, the deliberation you put into this assassination was magnificent. If I had rescued you at the speed of sound, your body wouldn't have been able to withstand it. On the other hand, if I took my time saving you, I would be shot in the interim. So sensei tried using a bit of stickiness." As seen that Karma fails to get out of them in frustration. "Like this, you can't shoot me. Nurufufufu." 

Perhaps he felt his sheer willpower that swayed his heart quite a bit. Of course, it wasn't all enough to relieve all his uneasy feelings.