Chapter 6

Monster

Chapter Six: Nothing Like We Planned

Toby's P.O.V.

Her kiss tempts me. But I am not the one she is kissing. Peter. Rage fills my body as I toss myself to the other side the tent moves. She loves me. I heard her when Peter read her mind.

She deserves better than me. I made her a monster no wonder she left me. I have to let her go for get own good.

She doesn't know what will happen if she bites a hybrid. I have to get to her.

Lilly's P.O.V.

As my fangs slash out of my gums I feel nothing else but hunger. "Lily you can't!" Meredith sprints towards me and the hunger is gone and so are my fangs. She leaps on top of me but Peter rips her off of me, he lifts me up and I feel my breath get heavier.

"Let her go.....let me talk to her" Meredith quietly demands. Peter lets me down but doesn't lose his grip, I turn and see Meredith....it feels like I haven't seen her in years. "Lily you don't know what happened to.........him.........either of them....that doesn't mean you just abandon both of them!" She yells as she walks closer Peter blocks her from me positioning his arm to attack.

"I'm not abandoning him........they took him from me.....and the other one- he's gone he left am I not allowed to find someone else?" Glaring her down she gives me the same look of anger. "He's alive Lily-" "And I'll never get him back" I feel sadness run through me and suddenly I hear our voices.

"I'll come get you" Toby's voice rings inside my head and I start to cry. "Your name isn't Lily James-" His lips brush against my cheek. "It's Lily Gange" A single tear drops onto the carpet and all I see is our life since day one.

"Is it real?" his voice questions from the day we met.

"Toby?" I flash back to the day I was in the hospital. "Hmm?" he responds oh so contented. "Was it real? Did all that really happen?" I ask while I watch my flashback I cry more. "Yeah.." he whispers while stroking my hair.

"Lily..?" her muffled question doesn't catch my attention. "Lily?" Meredith taps me her voice clear now. Unable to think I look at her, her face filled with worry and concern has been that way since day one. I've always been the victim. The burden.

Dropping my head I see a large magic eight ball silently awaiting someone's touch to receive their destiny. I slowly walk towards the nightstand and sit on the edge of the nearly made bed. The silence of the room is covered by the noise of the high school party.

They won't move. Maybe they are afraid. Or they don't want to scare me. I leave them alone. After a few seconds of silence in this one room I reach for the ball and I can hear their sighs of fear and relief. I don't want to turn to see which one is scared. I don't want to know.

Rolling it in my hands I look out the window and my frozen heart sinks. Shatters against the pit of my stomach. Footsteps decrease as they both head for the door I smile. "It's not real..." I mumble.

"What?" Meredith asks as they patiently stand there in the doorway letting the chaotic waves of noise clash inside I smile. "It's not real..." I whisper as I raise the ball a little higher they watch clueless as to what I am doing. I stand up and walk to the window and swing my arm back and like a catapult I beam the ball through the window.

Breaking through the weak panel of glass a large hole is created. I quickly jump through the sharp shards that are barely holding together as I hear their voices scream my name I close my eyes embracing the air that I am ripping through.

I spread my arms feeling a warmth of when Toby held me and I can't help but smile, I feel my body comforted by his presence. Feeling pushed further back I try to stay calm hoping that he is here. As I feel myself slow down I open my eyes and again I fatally fall to the earth.

Crashing into the dirt and grass I feel pain spread all over me and something has pushed me further from where I could have fallen. Trying to move I see a dark figure standing over me, bending down and dragging me out of the hole like place I'm in I feel my head pound.

Whispers come from the figure of who I can't tell. I can't even tell if it's a girl or a guy.

My heart along with my head pound inside my ears and I can't do anything but try to listen. As they pull me across the rest of this girls field like backyard I moan in pain while they pull me past a broken down fence they slow down making sure I am deeply cut by the sharp rusted metal.

Bleeding through my jeans and shirt I moan, I see the stars become covered by the rough shade of the rustling leaves. Trying to raise my head I feel sharp pain every place I try to move. Thunk! I am and dropped into a hole about five feet deep.

As the screeching of a shovel comes closer it is driven into the dirt and the dirt is thrown onto me. "Lily!" A man screams as my phone rings in my pocket the person tosses the shovel inside with me and bolts off into the dark. Blood trickles down the side of my head from when I was thrown inside.

"Nathan get Lily out of there I'll meet you at the car!" A familiar voice yells and I look up at Nathan, his blonde hair shines against the moon. I slowly close my eyes as Nathan jumps inside the hole he tries to make me wake up but I don't budge. Everything shuts down.