//Chapter 1//

~Prince Drew's POV~Editted~

This is the day the letters will be sent out to all of the girls in Illea between the ages of 15 and 19. One of the hundreds of girls entering might become my future wife. I sigh at the thought. I was supposed to have my selection 2 years ago but I begged my parents to let me have it when I was 19. Since my birthday was just yesterday they sent the letters today.

I hear a faint noise of heels slapping against the floor. They soon get louder and closer so I turn my head away from the picturesque view of the gardens and face towards the source of the noise. As if on cue my little sister Kiara walks into my room with a smile plastered on her face.

"Already three hundree people sent their forms and I got to see a few." she states, her smile widdening. "The ones I saw are all really pretty but my favourite has to be Alexis Mason." I raise my eyebrow and stare at her with confusion. "And why was she your favourite Kiara?" "First, she can speak French, Japanese, Spanish, Latin and Arabic, Secondly, she is really really pretty and lastly because her hair is exactly like mum's hair."

She can speak five foreign languages? Kiara comes closer to me and tilts her head to the side. "Do you want to see her file?" she asks, her smile looking wider than before. Of course I wanted to see it. I was starting to get interested but I replied calmy and cooly, "Sure. Why not I finished my lessons for the day and don't have anything else to do." Kiara beams and drags me to mum's office.

On her desk were hundreds of files each with a different picture on them. I took about 10 and collapsed on the chair. The first was of a girl named Haylie Waters, she was pretty yeah but I didnt feel like there was anything special about her. I didn't feel a spark or any different after I saw her picture. I placed Haylie's file on the bottom of the pile and focused on the next one. They were all pretty and that but I felt as if they were all ordinary. I sighed and decided to pick one more from the desk. I felt my breath get caught in my throat. I was looking at the most striking and beautiful girl I have ever seen. Without looking at the name I gussed she was Alexis. I lowered my eyes towards the bottom where the name was printed. As I thought, it was her.

A small smile crept onto my face as I read her file. My fingertips tingled whenever I touched the page. "Why are you smiling like a freak at that file it's really creepy." I jumped, startled that my sister was still present. I blushed and closed the file. "I'm guessing she is your favourite so far as well? I mean if she isn't that would be weird especially as you were staring at the page with a goofy smile on your face." I felt heat flush my cheeks and shoved her. "Shut up." I mumbled. She let out a giggle and smiled again. "Can I please help you with your selection. I'm about the same age as most of them." Kiara was 16 so she would be a great help. But me being the stubborn person I was, I didn't let her know that I would need her help. "Yeah sure, if you want to." I said while shrugging. She practically started jumping up and down with excitement then suddenly stopped and glared at me. "What?" I say confused. "If Alexis doesn't get in I will seriously embarrass you to death." She says in a deadly tone. I nodded and then she went back to smiling and jumping even squealing. Oh god my ears are going to start bleeding.

Trying to escape from the girly noise she was making, I darted out of the room and back to mine. I locked the door and retreated back to my balcony.

~Alexis' POV~

I slid out of bed lazily brushing my red locks out of my face. As I head downstairs I hear squealing and laughs. I slow down my pace and slowly stroll towards the family room curiously. As soon as I appear my mum, sisters and brother engulf me in a colossal hug.

And a tight one.

"Um...yeah I don't know why everyone is all happy and stuff but just so you know I kind of find it difficult to breath." I croak. Everyone laughs and lets go.

"Okay now can someone tell me why my family is suddenly all cheery and joyful?" I ask curiosly. My older sister Hazel who is 21 speaks first. "You received the letter to enter the selection of Prince Drew." My sister Megan started to squeal, Hazel quickly joining her. I cringe my face and they stop. "This could help us Lex. After.....your f-father......th-th-this could really help all of us." My mum said happily at first then soon stuttering sadly at the memory of dad.

He died last month when he was walking home from work.

Everyone soon started sulking and crying miserably.

"I will enter. For the family not me." I said sighing.

"Though there is still a chance that I won't get chosen." I reminded.

"Are you joking I mean have you even seen your own face?" Josh jokes.

"What about it. I know I'm not ugly, but I am definetely not pretty." I say while shrugging.

"Are you blind Lex, I mean all the boys at school turn their heads to face you even if they are talking. I am so envious. Everyone looks at you." Hazel huffs. Did they really? Of course not. I'm sure she's exaggerating, right? She doesn't even attend school anymore.

"Come on Alex the service station is quite far. Fill it out quickly then get changed into nicer clothes. They are going to take a photo of you." Hazel said. I fill out the form then change into one of my work dresses. I'm a dancer and singer so yes I'm a five.

I slip on a red and orange floral sundress then wear red flats. I don't like wearing make up so I don't bother putting any on.

Its a half an hour walk to the service station but when we get there, there is a huge, long line of girls around my age.

20 minutes later it's finally my turn. "Name?" "Alexis Mason." "Age?" "18." I put on a shy yet noticeable smile then there's a blinding flash.

Once we get home I find that dinner is already done. After dinner, I drag myself upstairs then collapse onto my bed and let my thoughts take over me.

Unable to sleep I go over to my window and open it. I sit on the windowsill, I face the way the palace is located. I sigh.

Will I get chosen?

Will I win the selection?

I shake my head to clear my mind and let sleep finally take over me.