Breaking walls : 5

Today's the day of Chasity's "birthday celebration" and in all honesty, I don't want to go. I hate parties. If I go to one I usually stay near the food.

I hear my phone ring and I accept the call that's revealed to be from Cecilia.

"Hey!" She says excited.

"Hey Cecilia. What's up?" I say chewing on a piece of ham wrapped with cheese around it.

"You're coming tonight?" She waits for me to respond but I don't, so she continues "You are! Coming right?" she says trying to keep her cool.

"I don't like parties so why go if I'm just going to waste my time?" I complain.

"Yeah, I understand, but you'd be like the only person I'd know there if you went. And Aaron's going to be there how can you NOT be going?!"

"I'm sorryyyyy" I cry "I'm not going. You can't change my mind"

"Fine." She gives up "I'll keep an eye on your new boyfriend for you."

"Thanks for the...offer?"

"...seriously. I have no idea how you guys are together. Don't get me wrong, I  totally love the whole sweet girl bad boy match. But sooner or later one of you guys are going to follow the other's ways and hopefully it's him following you" she adds.

I hate to admit it, she's right. It's always that way.

"Well...Jesus wins" is all I could say.

"Well. Goodbye my friend" Cecilia says before hanging up the phone.

A few hours later, I'm still on my bed, wrapped like a burrito in my super soft blanket.

It feels nice in here. Not having to worry about what the outside world is doing. Who's doing who, who's doing what. It's like my own made up getaway while not actually getting away.

It's all ruined when I get a phone call...from my mom.

"Hello" I say when I pick up.

"Hey" she sounds like something tragic happened.

"Are you okay mom?" I ask worried.

"Come downstairs please"

Since when has she been in here?

Without responding I go downstairs and catch my mom sitting on the couch.

"Yeah?" I say breaking the silence.

I take a seat on the couch, sinking into it. This doesn't feel good. Nothing about this feels good whatsoever.

My mom takes a deep breathe, ready to share the news. "Your dad...he-"

I notice that she doesn't want to finish the sentence. "Mom, please just let it out. You know I hate bad news."

My mom sits next to me and takes my hands, wrapping them in hers.

I still don't like this.

"Your dad. He has cancer"

I'm wishing she didn't let anything out.

"What?" I say. Hoping this would all be some kind of joke, but by the look on my mom's face, I don't think it is. I begin to tear up but I don't want her to see me worrying, which is nearly impossible.

"He's not-" I hate the words dying/die/died but this is the reality of it, not the outcome, but the reality.

"Dying, is he?" I finish.

My mom begins to cry a river and I wrap her in my arms for comfort.

"He has stage 3A lung cancer. There's not much we can do" she managed to inform.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I cry.

Dang it.

"We didn't want it to affect you in any way"

"Where's dad now?"

"He's in the hospital. He wanted to be alone just for tonight. He said we can visit tomorrow. We can skip church and head straight there instead"

I nod, not wanting to say anything else.

I can't believe this.

My dad? MY dad?

"Will you be okay?" I ask my mom.

"Yes. I'll be fine" she managed to respond.

"C'mon. Let's get you upstairs" I tell my mom. Her face says "I need rest."

When I get my mom upstairs, she immediately falls asleep crying. That's something I've never wanted to witness. It's heartbreaking.

I go downstairs and grab her a cup of water along with two Advil's for the killer headache she may have in the morning, and I put it on top of her night stand.

"Good night mom" I whisper, kissing her forehead after.

I go to my room and lay in silence.

"God, why my dad? Out of all people. He loves you so much. I've been so obedient. Why take my father away from me?"

I begin to cry to myself. After 30 minutes of crying I call Aaron, hoping he picks up. And he does.

"Hey babe"

"Hey" I managed to say, pulling myself together.

"How's the party?" I continue.

"It's not bad, I just wish you were here" he responds over the music.

"I still have an open space on my bed" I try not to cry into the phone.

I just wish he were here right now. I wish I could be wrapped in his embrace. Feeling safe, like there's nothing wrong or anything that could go wrong.

"I'm on my way" were the last words he said before hanging up the phone.

After 20 minutes of waiting, Aaron informs me that he's at my house and I open the door for him, throwing myself into his arms immediately.

Hey guys! Thank you guys all for reading! I keep changing The description. Aha. But the story is still what it was about originally I promise!
But can you guys also leave votes.
I feel like this story is going nowhere sometimes.

Thank you guys so much for reading though! I shall continue writing.