Breaking Walls:2

Aaron and I have known each other for about 3 months now and I can definitely say he's been a great friend. He hasn't opened up to me about his past because I haven't asked him and I figured he doesn't want me bringing it up anyway. He's been sticking up for me in the "Chasity and her friends" messy situations but he hasn't been as aggressive as the first time.
We've met each others parents and he's also introduced me to some friends of his own.
I've tried inviting him to a new church I started going to where they have youth services every Wednesday night. They're literally unbelievable! But he's been refusing to go which is fine. That doesn't mean I'm going to stop inviting him.

"Can you pass me the salt please" my mom asks.

"No" I jokingly respond.

My mom gives me the 'I know you didn't just say no to your own mom' face.
I pass it to her and I continue watching her cook the pasta she's preparing for some meeting dinner thing at her job.

"So what's going on with you and Aaron?" She asks concerned.

"Nothing" I laugh. Seriously, nothing.

"That's not what your dad thinks"

"Oh, he made you ask me huh"

"Yeah, kinda" mom laughs.

"Well yeah. Nothing's going on between us" I respond.

In the inside I'm sad about it but at the same time it's like I'm glad nothing's happened yet. I'm sad about it because he's just so dang cute and I know if I were to see him with someone else it'd kill me inside, we've gotten so close and I know it isn't for no reason. And I'm kinda glad because I know Gods' timing is better than my own- my mom tells me that all the time. Also In my opinion you can't just constantly hang out with the same guy and not expect anything to happen, especially if he's single...and as cute as him.

"Weren't you guys going to hang out today or something?" My mom asks.

"Yeah. Well , we were just going to take his sister to the park"

"Oh..okay" my mom squints her eyes.

After giving Aaron and his little sister time to get ready, we head to the park.

I was totally unaware at the fact that Aarons friends were going to be at the park as well, there's 2 girls and a guy. They all give each other high fives and what not as I stand in awkwardness waiting to be introduced...but I'm not introduced. He's introduced me to his friends at school but these are different people. People who look like big trouble.

After an hour of playing with Lilly and having Aaron and his friends just chit chatting, they start to get up from the bench and walk towards a bushy area, except Aaron who is now coming towards Lilly and I.

"Finally decided to join?" I ask trying to hide my anger. Honestly i'm pissed, he's the one who planned to bring his sister because she really wanted to be here and he spent literally no time with her, instead he spent time with his rebellious friends who I don't even know a thing about.

He squats down to meet face to face with Lilly and then gives her a hug. "Go play little sis" he smiles. She goes and plays so just the two of us are talking.

"What are you talking about?" he continues the conversation.

"Are you serious right now" I scoff in annoyance.

"Yeah. I kinda am." he responds.

It was a rhetorical question stupid.

"Look" I let out a deep breath "just..don't do anything stupid."