Chapter 5

Si Mina ay nag iisang anak ng isang Travel and Tours Company Worldwide. Di hamak na mas mayaman ang kanyang pamilya kumpara kay Sophie. Bago pa dumating si Sophie sa Haylight International School, si Mina ang tinaguriang Campus Princess. It was also rumored that she went out on a few dates with Keith before, although both never went steady. The whole school knew how much Mina is head over heels for Keith. But then, they also saw how Keith reacts to be uninterested towards her.

“You know, you should be thankful na pinakitaan kapa ng interes ni Keith. Although I really don’t see what he saw in you. Kaya naman I’d be more than willing to take him from you kung di ka satisfied sa kanya.” Pagtutuloy ni Mina

Sophie didn’t know what to say or how to react. She have always known na may gusto si Mina kay Keith pero this is the first time na talagang nagkaharap sila ni Mina. Mina never once acknowledged Sophie’s presence. Obvious naman na hindi nito gusto si Sophie, pero hindi nalang nya ito pinatulan pa. Syempre, she has to pretend like it didn’t bother her.

“You can’t have me.”

Hindi alam ni Sophie sa kung saan sya dapat mabigla. Sa sinabi ba ni Keith o sa pagyakap nito sa kanya mula sa likuran?

“Every part of me belongs to Sophie. From my head to the tip of my nails, everything belongs to Sophie only. I wouldn’t give you anything, not even a strand of my hair.” Keith directly told Mina.

Keith releases Sophie, and grabbed her hand.

“Let’s go.” He dragged Sophie away from there.

Hindi natigil ang mga bulong bulungan ng mga estudyanteng nakasaksi sa buong pangyayari. Mga tili ng mga kinikilig na babae, tawanan ng iilan, at ang walang kasing lakas ng pagtibok ng puso ni Sophie.

She’d be lying if she’ll say na wala syang naramdaman sa ginawa ni Keith. Pero itinatak nya sa isipan nya na hindi iyon LOVE. Ginawa lang ni Keith yun dahil maraming tao ang nakakakita. It’s because we have to pretend to be a couple in love in front of others. It was all just an act. , Sophie reminded herself.

But If I fall in love… I lose.

Sophie wasn’t prepared to let go of Keith’s warm hand holding hers. Medyo wala pa sya sa ulirat at lumilipad pa sa kung saan ang isip nya.

“Finally, we’re alone.” Keith said as he release Sophie’s hand. Napatingin ito sa katabi na nakatitig lang sa kanya. “What, did you want to hold hands longer?” he teases her.

Sophie blushes and turns her head away.

“I—I never said that! It’s not like gusto ko’ng hinahawakan ang kamay mo no!” she pushes Keith away and attempted to leave. Keith did not let her. Hinila nya ito by her shoulders and pushed her back to the wall, caging her in between his long arms.

“You don’t have to pretend in front of me. Kilala na kita, Sophie. I know everything about you, your personality, your nature, the real you.” Seryosong sabi ni Keith dito