[ 005 ] FIRST DATE

⋆ ⭑✧*:・゚

. ⋆ ⭑✧*:・゚

Cora was nervous. She wouldn't tell anyone, of course, but she was. It was a hot Friday day, and she had just woken up. Almost forgetting what day it was, she quickly hopped out of bed and into her favourite bathing suit, a red hot bikini set that had once belonged to Lola. On top, she decided on jean capris and an olive-coloured tee-shirt for until she got to the public pool.

She grabbed her brush from her desk and wandered into the kitchen, eventually settling on picking out a cold soda pop from the fridge. Cora walked around the house with a brush in one hand and a soda in the other, looking around for the older Alvarez girl herself.

She didn't bother calling out her name, only filling her mouth with the cool taste of cherries as she walked over to the bathroom next to Lola and Adam's room. The door was open, only closed a little and Cora saw shadows moving around as she approached. The sun was peaking through the window just right.

"Yes!" Lola and Adam whisper yelled as they shared a high five and hugged, Lola tucking her arms under his and wrapping them around his torso, Adam resting his chin on her head.

"What are you so happy about?" Cora peaked around the corner, looking the two up and down. The couple were still dressed in their pijamas, and Lola's hair was still in the low ponytail she'd put it in the night before, only it was now messier. Adam's hair was messy too but in that cute bedhead kind of way.

"We're not pregnant!" Lola grabbed the pregnancy stick from the sink, Cora totally missing it when she peered in. Immediately, Cora's face contoured into one of disgust and embarrassment as she tried walking away.

"C'mon, little E. You should be happy you're not becoming an aunt at such a young age," Adam smiled.

"Trust me, I'm thrilled," Cora fake smiled. "Can I go now?"

"Why were you looking for me, El?" Lola threw the pregnancy test into the trash can and dusted her hands off like they were dirty. "Oh, isn't today your date with Cesar?"

Cora sighed. "Yeah. I was wondering if you could help braid my hair?"

Lola clasped her hands together as Cora rolled her eyes. "Yes, of course!"

"Please don't make it such a big deal," Cora pleased as she walked to the living room.

"Make what a big deal?" Lola winked at Adam before walking through the kitchen loop, grabbing a wrapped cinnamon roll from the counter and meeting Cora in the living room. Lola plopped down on the couch, swallowing a bite of the food quickly. "I have no idea what you're talking about."