02|Useless

CHAPTER TWO

USELESS

"I can't keep doing this anymore! I-I can't live at this house anymore! Everything I do is never good enough for you, is it?!"

The yells of the Jones girl were heard all around the Sunnyside trailer park. It was now a usual thing to hear her shout, usually at her mother, Gladys. The two were at each other's throats for the past few months.

"Careful how you speak to me, young lady," The older woman spoke, scowling at her older daughter while FP was out with the rest of the kids,
"Look what you've turned into! Coming home late at night, drunk, probably high on God knows what. I can't believe this is whom I raised."

"That's because you didn't raise me!" The brunette exclaimed in anger, trying to ignore the tears streaming down her cheeks,
"It was always dad, not you, never you! You're always away with Jellybean or Jughead, but it's never me. I guess I'm just the kid you never actually wanted."

Jacqueline felt a sharp pain as Gladys' hand connected with her cheek. She could feel her cheek burning up, and the tears only made it sting even more.

"Well, if you feel so unwanted, then just leave! Leave this goddamn house and never come back."

"I guess I will." Jack venomously hissed as she ran away to get her stuff. Gladys truly believed that her daughter was bluffing. She would probably spend a day or two at a friend's place, the older Jones thought. But weeks, months, years went by and Jacqueline showed no interest in coming back home. The girl collected all of the money she could find and bought herself a one-way ticket for the earliest flight. Florence seemed like the last place where she'd end up, but it was the one place where she could go at the time. For a whole week her phone buzzed nonstop. Hundreds of calls from both her father and Jughead. Not her mother, though. Just like Jack, she was extremely stubborn. She wouldn't show her weakness, even if it made the brunette despise her.

Starting a new life in Italy was troublesome, to say the least. But Rico, the owner of the mechanic shop, helped Jacqueline fit in. Leaving Riverdale meant leaving all of her problems, but coming back meant that they would all come back in a form Jacqueline did not expect.

"Jack." Jughead whispered as he stood up, walking closer to the brunette. He was furious. He wanted to shout at his sister right there, how she left their father when he was struggling, how she started the whole quarrel in the first place. But his throats seemed to dry, making the boy barely croak out his sister's name.

So he just hugged her. Pulled her into an embrace, never wanting to let go. She was a part of his childhood, after all. The brunette hugged Jughead back. That's what's she was afraid of. Because now that she has come back, it was a doubt that Jack would go back to Florence anytime soon