The woman who sang

On thursday the 12th a young woman moved to town. Nobody knew who she was.

She didn't talk to anyone, and was never seen with another human being.

The woman was beautiful, but you couldn't help to look away when she walked by.

If she ever glanced over your face, the story would go, that your eyes would dry and your tears turn to dust.

In her house, a little walk away from the square, there would always be silent and dark.

It was thanksgiving and some children came by her house. But it was not scary as they expected. Out of the window came a warm yellow light. It seemed that bathed in the light from the window, the house wasn't scary anymore, but beautiful. With red flowers growing everywhere.

The woman came close to the window, making the children gasp, she opened the window and smiled.

she went away once again, but now you could also hear the sound of music. She must be happy, the children thought. Suddenly the woman came out of the house. She smiled to the kids and leaned forward. She opened her mouth and out came the sweetest sound. She sang, very quietly. A warm feeling came over the kids, the followed by a slight pain. Out of the children's ears, came a warm syrup. The woman smiled and kissed every child on theirs cheeks. And every single child fell dead to the ground.

She then fell on her knees and silently cried in her hands. She stood up, whispered something into the now empty street and walked into the house again. The still playing music stopped, the warm yellow light replaced with darkness.

There was many never to be answered questions when the police came soon after, finding the house empty with no signs of the woman ever being there.