“Are you coming or not?” He asks and runs off. I follow him to see many maids surround him, talking to him, explaining something. He eagerly proceeds up the spiral stairs. The Blake’s really went all out, it was a beautiful, almost like an enchanted castle, the lights on the wall shone brightly, not to mention the tremendous chandelier hanging from the high ceiling.

Nathan disappeared at the top of the stairs and I followed him quickly. I appeared onto the landing and tried keeping up with the tall, very fast man. I was out of breath and clutched the side on my stomach, I had an aching stitch. He stopped running, finally. This guy was so fit he could run a marathon. We were outside a dimly lit room. I could only see two people. A man in a bed and a woman, closely by his side.

“Father” Nathan gasped and ran in, joining his mother by the side of the bed. I awkwardly walk in a few steps, pulling my dress a little and trying to look presentable.

“He’s not well, dear.” His mum said and held onto her husbands hand. I couldn’t have picked a worse time to trip over my own feet and stumble against the door.

Great, all eyes on me.

“Who’s this?” Mr.Blake’s voice was hoarse and tired. I give my best smile and walk closer.

“Isabelle, sir. Isabelle Quinn.” I answer politely.

He looks to his son, and gives a nod. Agreeing to something, maybe? But they seem to understand something, I didn’t.

“Come here, Isabelle.” He called. I wondered for a moment, but this guy was on his death bed, so I had to obey. I kneeled down next to him on the opposite side of his son and wife.

“You go to Rosehill Academy?” He asked so quietly, that I had lean in closer to hear.

“Yes, sir.”

“Your grades…your principle showed me, they’re astonishing. You’re a hard worker.” 

I smiled at him, because his lips curled into a weak grin.

“I try my best, sir.”

“Good,” he turned to address his son. “She will do. And Nathaniel, I know I won’t make it through the night-“

“Don’t say that!” gasped Mrs. Blake but went silent when Mr. Blake feebly put his hand up. I shuffled nervously.

“Cancer has beaten people all the time. What can we do? Nathan, the whole business will be handed to you. It’s in my will. Alison and Thomas will help you. I trust you. I might not have shown it, but I was always proud of you.” he said, his voice growing more quiet with every word.

I could see tears forming in Nathan’s eye. He looked so helpless and grasped onto his father hand. I choked on a silent sob. I was always a crier and seeing people cry automatically set my tears off. Now, I was uncontrollably sobbing while watching tears stream down Nathan’s red face.

“Isabelle,” I tore my eyes away from him and looked upon the man close to death. His voice was growing more silent, I don’t know how he had it in him to talk. “You’ll make a fine daughter-in-law.”

My tear stained face caught Nathan’s, and he was equally as shocked.

-Nathan Blake-

His eyes went blank, all life from them, gone. He’d talked to her with his last breath. Isabelle looked shaken up as I was. My mother sobbed into her hands and me, well, I couldn’t breathe either. I let go from his lifeless hand, I stood up, grabbing my mother by the shoulders.

“Maids, please take her to her room.” I called, my voice croaked from lack of use and a dozen people came to escort my mother away. I went over to Isabelle, who was still on her knees, just looking at my dad. She was probably finding it hard to take it all in.

“Isabelle,” my voice was shaking, on the verge of crying. I grabbed her arm and she stood up. I pulled her along and out of the room, but she stumbled. I shut the door behind me and Isabelle wiped her tears away.

“I’m sorry, I-“ she was trying to speak, but choked on every word.

“Don’t be, I’m sorry that the last thing he said was…” I stopped, she understood and we locked eyes.

“He wants you to marry me” she said half between a laugh and a sob.

“This is my fault, from this morning. I have all the time in the world now to fin-“

“But that was a dying man’s wish. And we have to make it come true.” she looked up, her face serious but sad.

I didn’t quite understand at first, but I began to put the picture together. My father’s final wish was for me to marry Isabelle, and it was up to us, to make sure we did exactly that.

“What are you trying to say?” I ask but she only leans in closer, her breathing rapid.

“I think we have to get married.”

____________________________________________________________________________

That was chapter 4! Things will start to get serious now! And I want to thank everyone who has read it so far and left comments! Thank you so much!

P.S. I've decided to change to cast! I think Nathan would be better as Alex Pettyfer than Chris Hemsworth!  I think Chris is a little too old for this story.

Also I want to thank _savannahsbiotch_ for the awesome character banner at the side :D

Thanks xoxo