Chapter One - Cold hearted Bitch

The office was still as busy as ever.

Vanity's heeels echoed down the hallway to her office. With her jaws clenched tight and her knuckles white as she squeezed the life out of her handbag. This was the last time that she was going to listen to Max. For once she had given him the benefit of a doubt and this - this is what he does?

She pushed open her door and carelessly threw her bag on the leather couch just few steps away from the door.

Never in her life had she been so embarrassed before. She was being sued. This was serious and she honestly thought that Max understood that. Why? Why did she trust him to help her out of this?

The black office chair squeaked under her weight when she plopped down on it with her head resting back.

But then again she couldn't really blame him. This mess that she was in was her fault. She should have double checked, she always double checks.

Aden Redliw.

Her eyes lingered on her monitor screen. Rea had insisted on cyber stalking the guy and it turns out that he was quite handsome and had really made a name for himself in such a short time in the movie industry.

Vanity's brow creased over his profile. Rea was right. He was handsome, with his blond hair, Roman nose, thin rosy lips and his eyes - it was as if it broken right through the veil of your lense and dove right through your very soul.

He had the real makings of a Casanova. Through all of the  pictures that they had clicked on, he was always seen standing with his arms wrapped around a different woman. Different in every way - skin tone, hair colour and even nationality.

He was definitely a man with an adventurous palate.

And then there was the other Aden Redliw, she thought, the one that she had intially wrote about. The music producer who was being accused of sexual harassment. At that time that she had wrote that piece she had been distracted by the uncertainty of her marriage, her ex-husband who went out of his way to win her back by bringing her to Greece and was on roller-coaster ride of tremor pain when she found out that he had a child with another woman.

How did she forget to mention Aden Redliw the Musical producer from R&D records?

Oh God! Vanity groaned, cupping her face.

There was a brief knock on her door and Rea walked in with her head haircascading down her shoulders, green eyes gleaming with curiosity and a crooked smile on her face. Vanity peeked at her through her fingers and sighed.

"Weeellll? How was it?" Rea asked, lounging herself on the side of Vanity's desk.

Vanity gave her a disapproving glare. "Rea, we've talked about this." She said, indicating that she wasn't happy at all with her sitting comfortably on her desk.

It was a work place and she was Rea's boss. Despite the fact that they had gone from hating each others gut to now being friends, there were still boundaries.

"Oh, right? Sorry, bad habit of mine." Rea exclaimed slid off the table and into a vacant chair. "So, go on. How did it go?" She persisted.

"I'll tell you how it went." Came a masculine voice.

Vanity pressed her lips together at the sight of a very angry Max storming through her door.

"This one here, bloody ran!" He spat.

This was a first to Vanity. She had never seen Max this angry before or better yet she had never seen him angry at all. It bemused her why he would be when she was the one who had been wrong.