Chapter 3

"Come on Madalian!" I said cheerfully as I lead him through the paddock gate. I tied him to the outside of his stall and went to the tack room for his bit-less bridle. I don't get a saddle, I prefer bareback. It makes me feel one with the horse... Connected in some elegant way, I can't deny it, horses are in my blood!

"Where are you going?" Asked mum as she mucked out Lucky's stall.

"I'm gonna ride up to Saddleback hill then to Stone Creek Waterfall and further to River Stone Valley!"

"Sounds good but it will take to long, look at the time! You'll be back after dark!"

I look at my watch and realise that it's 3 o'clock

"Fine then, I'll just go to River Stone Valley."

I hoist myself up on Madalian and give him a gentle kick, sending him cantering down the yard as the native forest devoured us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As we ride through an empty meadow I notice a herd of horses in the distance. "Madalian look!" I whispered. I nudge him into a canter through the edge of the woods until the horses are only a few metres away. They were smaller than Madalian and looked about 14hands high at the withers. They must be Kaimanawas. What are they doing here? I wonder in the back of my mind. Suddenly a pure grey stallion reared and gave a loud whinny, Madalian snorted and whinnied back. He pulled the reins out of my hands and trotted over to greet the stallion. Unfortunately for Madalian these Kaimanawas were wild and backed away from me. I heard someone coming and steered Madalian back into the trees.

"Stupid, worthless, good for nothing runts. You pieces of junk!" A grumpy man walked into the meadow and cracked a big black whip over the cowering stallions back. The stallion screamed in pain and I could see a deep, long open gash on the stallions back. "You ugly savages!" The man spat on the horses face angrily. "If you lead ya horsy friends to jump the fence an run away you'll be made into dog food! Ya hear mei! Ahh you've run so far you trespass'in!" He spat again and whipped the stallion over the head. He whistled and a quivering cream horse came to his side, he flung himself onto her back and rounded up the Kaimanawas to force them home. "Come on Maddy, we gotta get home!"

------------------------

"Mum!

A/N

So this is really short! I'm sorry, my other chapters won't be so short! And what a horrible man!

Random Question:

Favourite animal?

Mine is obviously a horse! Ooh I would die for one of my own! Well not really because then I couldn't even look after it! LOL

Happy reading!

Miracle Horseजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें