Chapter 8: The Book, The Witch, and The Quidditch Pitch

Start from the beginning

She stuck out her tongue, motioning a gag. They both giggled and Hermione joined her on the floor.

"Ok, so what have you learned? Because so far I can't tell how the male love interest would be a veela. And with the main character, she hasn't exhibited any of the physical traits."

Ginny adjusted to lay on Hermione's lap with her arms behind her head. "Well, for one thing, it is extremely rare that you have a male veela. Most of them are females. If you were to have a male veela in the family it would have come from a very powerful female full veela that passed down a dormant gene to her daughter. That they had a child with a male that had the dormant gene as well. It wouldn't have needed to be as strong. Since because of the inherent power of the veela it will notice the completing gene and automatically produce a full male veela."

Hermione's forehead creased as her brows drew in. "That doesn't make any sense, shouldn't they be a quarter or eighth veela not fully?"

Ginny shook her head. "Magic is wonky, it binds to other magic. That's why a good chunk of half veela are also wizards. It essentially means that even though only half the trait is being passed down to the daughter, half the trait also gets passed down to the grandchild. Where normally it would only be half of that so you would end up with a quarter veela like Fleur."

"Mine says that they could also curse the lineage."

Ginny lifted her finger to gesture. "Yes, I guess that's a possibility but it's so rare for magic to be able to do that it would have to come from a full veela."

She nodded her head and looked around to see Luna talking to Padma. "Luna could've been a Veela if her hair were lighter. "

"What like Malfoy?"

Hermione scowled at the name. "Yeah, I suppose. If Malfoy were a veela though that would require him to stop being a git every hour of the day and care about someone."

Ginny's eyebrows rose high and she started getting up from her laying position. "Not all Veela are blond though."

"They aren't?"

"No, that's continental," Luna's soft voice added. "In the lower hemisphere, many Veela have rich dark hair. I met one once she was very pretty. She had an olive skin complexion and very bouncy hair."

Luna had walked over during their conversation and had happily joined in. "A bit like our new professor actually. Except they had more greyish-silver eyes and a sharper jaw-line. I think those traits are the main indicators."

The other two girls shrugged their shoulders and nodded at the observation.

____________________________________

"Well, are you going to sit Draco? It's already a quarter past one. I never raised you to be this tardy." Narcissa's eloquent voice scolded.

He huffed and strode over to the seat directly across from her, to the left of the Headmistress. There were several papers scattered around her desk, letters in handwriting that looked very familiar. They waited stiffly for him to settle.

"Now Mister Malfoy, your mother is here to discuss further on your newly found heritage." McGonagall led.

"Draco, as you now know you are part veela, well actually since you are a male veela and your father does not share the blood you are manifesting into a full veela. It is a bit of difficult reasoning, but someone in my lineage was a full-blooded veela and had cursed my mother. The first-born son to occur from her womb would be a full-blooded veela and carry the gene. As you know I have no brothers, but since you are technically the first-born son, you carry that gene."