"Do you know how scared Hunk and Lance were? How angry Keith was at the guy who hurt you, how nervous Coran and Aullura were for you. How I-I.......was worried sick about you? So don't ever believe that we would think you too weak or useless to be on Voltron. You mean much more." He was standing so close to me I could feel his body warmth radiating off of him. His eyes stared into mine almost as if asking to be closer. To tell me something more.

"I'm sorry...I didnt know I meant that much to you guys. I don't know what to say." I found myself looking down blushing, trying to find something go do with my hands.

With gentle fingers Shiro lifted my chin up making my eyes meet his sweet ones. A tender smile on his face.

" Katie what made you think this? Did I do something wrong?" Gosh why is he this sweet and respectful?

"Well i've always been selfconscious about not fitting in, but after my injury I guess those feelings have been amped a bit. Also today I kind of overheard you talking to keith and it sounded like you guys thought I wasn't ready to get back on the field." I saw him processing my words and decided to continue.

"I heard my name and something about rejecting and being uncomfortable." I gave him a shrug hoping he understood.

His eyes slightly widened and the slightest blush painted his cheeks. He was silent for awhile as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Oh um that was...that was about you. You got that part correct. Exactly how much did you hear?" He broke his eye contact with me and suddenly found the floor quite interesting.

A rush of confidence swept threw me and I reached out to grab his hand. At the sudden contact he brought his face back to me and nervously laughed.

"I want to tell you this, and I feel like if I dont do it soon I might never do it. So Pidge..." he paused. "Katie Holt" he breathed.
"I want to let you know that I have feelings for you and I have for a while now"

My heart skipped a beat and I almost forgot how to breathe. Then I thought I might die when he carefully brought my knuckles up to his lips and kissed them. Was this a dream? My face got all hot and I found it hard not to look into his eyes begging him to continue.

"You are so amazing, beautiful, and incredibly smart and I dont think I would have been able to make it through some hard times on this ship if it wasn't for you."

"As for what I was discussing with Keith... well I was telling him that I dont know if you'd be comfortable with being in a relationship with me. It would be weird because im your teammate, plus im friends with your brother and he would probably kill me right now." We both laughed at that.

"We've known eachother for so long now Katie, my feelings for you just started to grow and when I finally did realize them, I was afraid of you rejecting."

Was this really happening? Why was my face on fire I probably looked like a tomatoe.
The butterflies in my stomach were soaring. I just couldn't believe that this wonderful man, leader, friend, my crush, was telling me he has feelings for me. I felt like I was about to burst witg happiness.
His face was so close to mine that his breath tickled my nose. I placed my hand on his chest hoping this was all real. Everything about him drew me in and I couldnt wait anymore.

"And when I saw you in that healing pod I didnt know wha-"

He was cut off by my lips on his. I felt his body tense but then slowly loosen up as we deepened the kiss. Even though I was the one who initiated the kiss I was still as surprised as him not knowing I had it in me. His lips were soft and warm making me feel like I had been missing something all my life. I felt his hands reach around to my back to pull me closer. With our bodies still conected we pulled away for air. He looked at me and I looked at him with something burning within us. Something that made us so grateful to have eachother in our lives. That we have survived so much.

"Shiro I must tell you that I feel the same way. You have tought me so much. You make a lot of sacrifices as well. You have been the best leader anybody could ever ask for. Thank-" this time it was him who cut me off with a kiss.

I was hypnotized by his lips. The odd but intoxicating feeling of joining my mouth with his. I knew my mind was telling me to stop soon so no one would see what we were doing. As I weaved my fingers threw his hair the sensible side of my brain said one kiss was enough, but then Shiro made a sound and parted his lips beneath mine, and I'm afraid that for a time I ceased lisenting to my brain entirely.

When we ran out of breath we parted and I swear that when I looked into his eyes I could see all his love and kindness dancing in them. His face was flushed and a feeling of power came over me that I could make him feel like this. 

An alarm sounded over the castle's speakers ruining our moment. Something about another galra ship attacking. We both smiled at eachother as we started for the door.

"Katie." Shiro said to me with the biggest smile I ever saw.

"Shiro." I  nodded back with a lovestruck smile of my own.

Then we parted ways to get to our lions and start our mission for that day.