Green and Black

The mornings following were like any other, I had breakfast, trained with Lance, helped Hunk with cooking, and Coran with reprogramming. But something just felt different. Not alot, just slightly shifted. I grew frustrated not knowing what it was. After that night when Shiro kissed me on my cheek I have been just full of confusion. My emotions and feelings were as tangled as the wires to my computers.

It was something so innocent, a small friendly gesture of affection. So why did i feel off?

~

After lunch I made my way to Allura's room hoping to see if she had anything interesting for me to do to keep the bordum away. As I made my way down the halls I passed by Keith's door. From in there I could here mumblings and a frustrated sigh. Only when my brain processed what the mumblings were saying did I halt in my footsteps.

My name. I heard my name. Two voices. Keith and the other one I could not mistake. Shiro.

I was never one to eavesdrop but I couldn't stop myself. The next thing I heard was something about me being uncomfortable and rejecting. Being uncomfortable about what? What exactly were they talking about that I could reject? Was it a mission? Did they think me not healed enough to join them on a mission? That I would reject the offer just because of a little knife wound? ( I mean it was enough for a great blood loss and leave me unconscious, so yeah not so little) but did they really think I was unfit to continue being a paladin of Voltron?

Just when I thought about pressing my ear to the door it open to show the face of a confused Keith.

"Oh hey Pidge" he made his way through the door heading in the direction of the training deck.

"Oh um hi" I stammered hoping it didnt look like I was eavesdropping.

"Hello Pidge. Was there something you needed?" Shiro asked me as he went to close the door behind him.

Remembering what I heard I decided to just straight up ask him about it. Shiro was the one who I trusted with my life on this ship. He was most truthful and I wanted to get my suspicions sorted through.

"Yes...I wanted to speak with you about something." I folded my hands behind my back as we started walking together down the hallway.

"Anything, you know that Katie. I hope that we can discuss anything together. I just want you to know that. So what did you want to speak with me about?"

My heart skipped a beat when he used my real name. It felt somehow special and personal. I didnt know what these feelings were so I kept my self concentrated on keeping my short legs up with his. Gosh that man can walk fast.

"I wanted to talk to you about me healing and Voltron." We made our way around a corner and down a hallway with white designs on the walls.

"Coran told me that you would be fully healed in the next two days. The healing pod only helps with the major damage so once out of there your body should heal the rest naturally." Shiro tells me even though I already knew about all of that.

"Thats not exactly what I wanted to ask about."

Shiro looks over at me and nods his head for me to continue.

"What i'm really just trying to ask is, do you guys deem me unfit for a mission. I'm strong enough, I can do it. Just because I got hurt doesn't mean that I am scared to go back out there. I know I can be-" I was cut off by Shiro who completely stopped in his tracks.

"Katie you are strong. And the last thing we would do is leave you out. We need you on missions, you are the reason we are able to succeed in those missions. You sacrifice so much for the team why would you think that we would be disgusted by having you rejoin the team after your injury?" His body was close to mine and my eyes trailed up to meet his eyes which held so much emotion.